MSR9889 2nd Run Log

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

You know, I notice a HUGE difference w/EC on an empty stomach vs. with food. I mean, it's night and day.

Curious if you note the same?
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

RobRegish wrote:You know, I notice a HUGE difference w/EC on an empty stomach vs. with food. I mean, it's night and day.

Curious if you note the same?
it hits me a lot quicker on an empty stomach, but i dont notice much as far as energy difference. i always try to take it 15-20 minutes before food.
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

was asleep around 1230, got out of bed around 10. im not sure how much sleep i actually got, but i was slow when i woke up. will be hitting the gym in about an hour.

woke up late today so i took 20/200 EC
breakfast was 2 tbsp peanut butter, 2 scoops whey, and KA
pwo was 1 scoop whey and 2 servings of smoked almonds
lunch was a naked burrito with chicken, corn, black and pinto beans, shredded cheese, cheese sauce, pico de gallo, olives, and guacamole
dinner/snack was a muscle gel shot and 2 tbsp peanut butter
before bed will be 2 scoops casein and 2 tbsp peanut butter and KA
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

Didnt have as much force today as in the last workout, but I managed.

Bench- 100x15, 100x10, 135x5, 190x3 with help on the last rep
DB Pullovers- 65x3

Squat- 95x5, 135x5, 185x1, 245x2 and a negative
Dimel Deadlift- 285x4

Decided not to go for a 3rd rep on squat because it was putting a lot of stress on my back, but I feel like I should have now that my workouts over.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Smart move on the squats... back health is sooo important.

I say it was a good call. Good to hear you're still progressing too.
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

i was up late studying and woke up early to study more, so i only got about 6 hours of sleep

before breakfast i took 10/100 EC
breakfast was a veggie egg white omelet and 2 eggs over hard with american cheese and KA
took EC before lunch
lunch was 2 servings of almonds and 2 scoops whey
snack was 2 servings of almonds and 2 scoops xf whey
before bed was 2 sample packets of whey and 1 tbsp peanut butter with KA

dont have much time for real food today.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Sleep issues better on the whole?
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

RobRegish wrote:Sleep issues better on the whole?
sleep has been much more consistent. normally when i dont get enough sleep now its because something comes up that keeps me up late.

also i was wondering, would there be any benefit to taking 3 caps KA a day instead of 2 since im cutting?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

It's possible, yes.

With a reduced caloric intake usually comes reduced nitrogen retention. Now the AD attempts to circumvent this by using ketones for fuel vs. glucose, but glucose replenishes ATP the quickest/most efficiently.

Where I'm going with this is that the Kre-Alkalyn in KA will go a long way toward providing direct substrate for greater ATP. Your system won't have to wait around to make the complex metabolic adjustments to ultimately replenish ATP in the absence of glucose.

Finally, more RCE will "tilt" the nitrogen balance in your favor at a time where it's likely on the edge so to speak. Suggest targeting those doses on workout days in the following fashion:

1 cap KA 30-45 min prior to the workout, 1 cap immediately after and 1 cap an hour later. These of course should be co-ingested with your peri-workout drink or in the case of the third dose, a large carb based meal post workout.

On off days, I'm on the fence. If it were me I'd run 2/day which should be more than adequeate for your bodyweight. If performing cardio, I'd bracket the dosage as above, 1 prior and 1 immediately afterward to take maximum advantage of the blood flow/exercise stimulus. Doing so will only help the Kre-Alkalyn/RCE etc get to where we want it to be...
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

so with the AD, most workouts i wont have carbs pwo. how significant would that be for that dose? also, there is 5g of creatine in product im logging right now, so would i be able to skip a dose intra and just have 1 with breakfast, 1 preworkout and 1 pwo?
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

before breakfast i took EC
breakfast was a veggie egg white omelet and 2 eggs over hard with american cheese and KA
took EC before lunch
lunch was some chicken and vegetable stir fry and the turkey, cheese, and vegetables off an over baked sandwich
dinner was tunisian chicken and the cheese and veggies off 2 slices of pizza with KA
before bed i had 1 tbsp peanut butter and 1 scoop whey

cals for the day were low, didnt have much time at all.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

My bad I forgot no carbs around the workout.

No worries, I'd still consume the intra during this time. The creatine will still find it's way into the muscle via increased blood flow. I'd be surprised if some of the amino's didn't elicit some rise in insulin. To that end, I'd consider additional Glutamine.

On a gram for gram basis, glutamine will raise insulin as much as sugar. right where you need it most....
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

didnt get much sleep last night again. up late (and early today) writing a paper. i was planning on deloading toady, but ill have to put it of until tomorrow.

before breakfast i took 20/200 EC
breakfast was 8 eggs over hard with 4 slices of american cheese and KA
lunch was the turkey, cheese and veggies off 2 over baked sandwiches and 2 tbsp peanut butter
dinner was 6 chicken wings and the chicken, veggies and cheese off of 2 slices of pizza
before bed was 1 scoop protalyn, 1 scoop casein, 1 tbsp peanut butter and KA
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Man I remember those nights... writing papers and such.

Keep in mind it was circa 1989... no computers. Me and my trusty electric typerwriter. Cutting edge at the time.. :)