Supplements for Famine phase

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
lovebrub

Supplements for Famine phase

Post by lovebrub »

Hi, new member here, about to start famine phase.
I heard Rob's recommendation for ephedra + caffeine. It prevents loss of lean mass and accelerates fat loss. Would this be appropriate for famine? How about in the later stages of BP 3.0, on non-training days?

My thought was this (for famine):

Warrior diet style -- fast 12-16 hrs, basically breakfast is a late lunch.
upon rising in the morning, take ephedra 25 mg + 100 mg caffeine / green tea extract ECGC to kickstart fat burning and suppress hunger.

Do AM fasted cardio (nothing too hardcore) on non-training days.

Drink lots of tea, lemon water and eat organic vegetables + fruits.

Around lunch time, take another ephedra/caffeine dose.

For dinner, eat whatever as long as protein is low and daily calories are within the 1400~1600 range.

Would GABA for bedtime be advantageous or disadvantageous? I understand the point of famine is to trigger the body's famine alarms and stop the process of catabolism to prep for feast later. More technically, does the AMPK-triggering properties of ECGC & ECA assist in the intended purpose of famine or work against it?

Thanks a lot!
lovebrub

Nobody has comment?

Post by lovebrub »

It's my last day of famine, I have been using ephedra and green tea extract in the morning and at lunch. Diet was about 700-1000 calories mostly comprised of raw vegetables and fruits. Feel like an anorexic, eating only salad and detox shakes. Weight is down from 211 to 205 so far.
drtda

Post by drtda »

If you feel like crap, you've probably hit the nail on the head. On to Feast!
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

drtda wrote:If you feel like crap, you've probably hit the nail on the head. On to Feast!
I think this is all in the mind TBH.After doing so many BP runs the latter ones mentally have been so much easier because of my positive attitude.And I do all my runs full fruit and veg and usually a bit lower calories then recommended because of that.I have that smell on late thursday if im sweating usually and I like to go straight into feast after the workout on friday.

I like to do no supps on famine as magnesium stearate is in almost all supps and as far as I know over a certain period of time can block the absorption of vitamins etc.