Dr. Scott Connelly's Myotropics

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

askmass wrote:Not really going against Rob, but I would suggest allowing a 45 minute (Synthagen taken prior) window before any other supplemental amino/protein to be optimal - with 10-15 perfect for whole food protein sources.
Ditto.

Just to amplify it a little bit, I think the disparity arises because MPS can serve dual (actually multiple) purposes… imo,
The intent behind the “45 minute” case is mostly to get the most from the protein “matrix”. Having tweaked my own personal NNU protein formulas for years now, I can pretty categorically say (in most cases *) it’s best to let them get through stomach unaccompanied by anything else. With larger servings, I often wait 3 – 4 hours before eating again.

The intent behind the ~ “10 minute” case is based on the synergism of the whole MPS formula (with slightly more emphasis on the non ‘protein matrix’ factors) to optimize nutrient uptake from the feeding that follows and has been described well by Rob in various posts herein.

(*… at times with tiny tiny amounts of high quality lipids and carbs. ;) )
tomz

Post by tomz »

Ahh ok, I reread most of the Synthagen threads, I think I'm understanding how to better stack it.

One question for askmass:

What would be the best whey to stack mass pro whey with Synthagen?

Would it work before bed, in place/addition to the cottage cheese (while still having a pineapple slice), if I wait 45 min after taking Synthagen?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

BrainSquirt wrote:
askmass wrote:Not really going against Rob, but I would suggest allowing a 45 minute (Synthagen taken prior) window before any other supplemental amino/protein to be optimal - with 10-15 perfect for whole food protein sources.
Ditto.

Just to amplify it a little bit, I think the disparity arises because MPS can serve dual (actually multiple) purposes… imo,
The intent behind the “45 minute” case is mostly to get the most from the protein “matrix”. Having tweaked my own personal NNU protein formulas for years now, I can pretty categorically say (in most cases *) it’s best to let them get through stomach unaccompanied by anything else. With larger servings, I often wait 3 – 4 hours before eating again.

The intent behind the ~ “10 minute” case is based on the synergism of the whole MPS formula (with slightly more emphasis on the non ‘protein matrix’ factors) to optimize nutrient uptake from the feeding that follows and has been described well by Rob in various posts herein.

(*… at times with tiny tiny amounts of high quality lipids and carbs. ;) )
Brain nailed it, AGAIN... :)

Synthagen can be used so many ways, and benefit so many facets of your training, diet etc. - this is where the disparity lies. It's all about dialing in your dose, most appropriate for YOUR goals.

Everything offered here is valid, including AskMass's suggestions. Just know this - we are here to help. Start with describing your goal(s), what you hope Synthagen to accomplish and the minds here will do the rest.

This board exists not to "push product". There are no store links here, nor censored mention of other companies products. This board exists to exchange ideas, to help fellow members to LEARN, SHARE and GROW.

I am most pleased to say that IMO, we have succeeded... :)
tomz

Post by tomz »

Hey Rob! Thanks for the answer... I'm truly glad that this board is here to help out the members with sharing and growing :)

All right, I'll dive into my goals and hopes for Synthagen..

I'm 38 years old, weigh 150 lbs, 5'8", 7% body fat, been training 7 years. My goal is to gain as much mass as possible in my BP 2 run, with as little fat :) I hope that Synthagen can help me with the nutrient partitioning, and I'm wondering how to best place it with my feast/cruise meals to accomplish this. Also, I'm curious if Mass Pro Whey has any additive effects, and if not, the best time to add that one in so as not to interfere with Synthagen. Because of my age, I'll also be using Adaptogen N, but I think I understand the dosing on that one (2 caps prior to bed on a 5on/2off schedule)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

tomz wrote:Hey Rob! Thanks for the answer... I'm truly glad that this board is here to help out the members with sharing and growing :)

All right, I'll dive into my goals and hopes for Synthagen..

I'm 38 years old, weigh 150 lbs, 5'8", 7% body fat, been training 7 years. My goal is to gain as much mass as possible in my BP 2 run, with as little fat :) I hope that Synthagen can help me with the nutrient partitioning, and I'm wondering how to best place it with my feast/cruise meals to accomplish this. Also, I'm curious if Mass Pro Whey has any additive effects, and if not, the best time to add that one in so as not to interfere with Synthagen. Because of my age, I'll also be using Adaptogen N, but I think I understand the dosing on that one (2 caps prior to bed on a 5on/2off schedule)
OK, some thoughts...

You'll likely do well with just 5 caps preworkout, 5 post then eat up. Off days, consider 3caps 3x/daily just prior to your 3 biggest meals. Mass Pro whey is excellent to use intra workout, with something like Karbolyn b/c it contains the di-tri peptides that are absorbed FAST. Using it here makes the most financial sense too, as well as having it "hit" the hardest - giving you the most bang for your buck. Simply ensure you take your Synthgen at least 10-15 min prior to the workout, then sip on that drink during training.

Alternatively, you can have a scoop or two with your first solid food sit down meal, 1 hour post workout. The window of opportunity is still wide open at this point after the workout, so it makes sense to use it there as well.

Hope that helps!
tomz

Post by tomz »

Thanks Rob, I will try it with the whey intra-workout! I imagine it as 'the formula' but enhanced :)
lovebrub

Thermicarb?

Post by lovebrub »

I recently saw thermicarb too. Would it work well to replace the karbolyn in Rob's intra-workout formula? What exactly is the function of the karbolyn anyway?