ucan's superstarch vs wm-hdp

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
mikej26

ucan's superstarch vs wm-hdp

Post by mikej26 »

Hey everyone, I was wondering if any of you could explain the difference between ucan's superstarch and wm-hdp with regards to their mode of action?

I know everyone here is more into carb sources like karbolyn that are rapidly absorbed and induce an insulin spike, but I'm of the mind that keeping insulin levels low, and promoting a higher degree of sensitivity to insulin is more important so as to more readily be able to shift back and forth between glucose and fat for fuel as needed. Big fan of metabolic efficiency.

Anyhow, any input you guys have would be greatly appreciated.
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

I've never heard of it before, but reading up on it, it appears to have similar claims.
mikej26

Post by mikej26 »

the_buffer wrote:I've never heard of it before, but reading up on it, it appears to have similar claims.
It's been on the market for a couple years, but marketed to endurance athletes instead of strength trainees. It may very well be the same stuff, but it's hard to tell since they list it on their label as modified corn starch which is rather vague.

Adel aka prof Andro over at suppversity told me he's pretty sure they are the same or very close, sans some slight alterations from one to the other to achieve a desired consistency when mixed with other powders ie protein.

I still don't know for sure though. I have both of them some I going to try them both and compare.