Using the German Loading Pattern #1 for hypertrophy.

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
IronBar81

Using the German Loading Pattern #1 for hypertrophy.

Post by IronBar81 »

On my last Blueprint run, which was my first run, I used the German Loading Pattern #1 with 3 min rest between sets. On this run I was thinking of using the same loading pattern with just 1.5 min rest between sets. Will this result in greater hypertrophy?
dropthebeats

Re: Using the German Loading Pattern #1 for hypertrophy.

Post by dropthebeats »

IronBar81 wrote:On my last Blueprint run, which was my first run, I used the German Loading Pattern #1 with 3 min rest between sets. On this run I was thinking of using the same loading pattern with just 1.5 min rest between sets. Will this result in greater hypertrophy?
If anything, you would want longer rest periods. Shorter rest periods would lead to you lifting lower weights. You need more rest so you can handle heavier loads. Heavier loads will create muscle growth.
IronBar81

Post by IronBar81 »

Sorry, I didn’t phrase that question very well. I was under the impression that shorter rest periods between sets will result in greater hypertrophy but would using only 1 – 1.5 min rest between sets with the German Loading Pattern #1 be counter productive to its design?