how much do your big lifts go up by each week?

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
tufluk

how much do your big lifts go up by each week?

Post by tufluk »

Hey guys and girls,

just wondering how much your big/major lifts go up by each week?
on a standard diet, not dramatically over feeding or using any supps apart from whey, my lifts tend to go up by 1 rep each week.

for example bench press last week was 6 6 5 reps
so next week on average I would expect to achieve 7 7 6 reps, is this poor progress? some times this can only be 1 rep for only 2 sets of improvement, so with the above example as the past week (6 6 5), the improvement would only be 7 7 5 reps, if that makes sense.

are you adding 3+ reps on each set each week? (on the basics you not adding weight)

thanks for your input
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

After 12+ years of weight lifting, I would be more then happy to increase +1 rep per exercise per week. I would say that if get for example:

Week #1: 6,6,5
Week #2: 7,7,5
Week #3: 8,7,6

and so on for +2 reps per exercise per week, it's very good progression! By the end of a 6 weeks feast, it would produce something like +20% strength... But you can't keep that pace forever without getting into over-training zone.

You could also increase weight per exercise per week like +1 lbs. Adding +50 lbs on a single exercise over a 1 year period would be amazing!
tufluk

Post by tufluk »

12+ years of training! wow

Im only at 3+ years, anyone around 3+years up for sharing there progress?
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

Well, its hard to say because I am running Loading programs in the BP Periodic right now, so I don't really have anything to compare them with. I can definitely say that I feel stronger than I was a few months ago, and am also 15+ lbs lighter, which is a pretty good accomplishment, as usually when I dropped weight, I lost strength in the past.

I am really focused right now on jacking up the weight/reps on my 20 minute EDT blocks to shred body fat while building muscle at the same time(or at least not losing muscle). Trying to go up 5 to 10 lbs each week and hit the same number or more reps...