Pure Karbolyn Alternatives

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

austinb37 wrote:My formula is a custom mix from TrueProtein and tastes like death. I have eaten some pretty nasty things in order to try and build muscle and strength but my formula mix takes the cake. I can't wait to try something for affordable and better.
I have a custom mix from TrueProtein as well and I agree it doesn't taste great, but when you add in PureKarbolyn or Dymatize Flud, it tastes pretty good overall...
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

Just got my Dymatize Flud in and I have to say while it worked pretty good and I could not discern any noticeable performance difference between that and Karbolyn, it tastes kinda chalky, almost like I chopped up a bunch of tums and mixed them in, and it does not stay mixed well at all. If it is left standing it sinks to the bottom and forms a solid layer that is very hard to get mixed again...
mikej26

Post by mikej26 »

FYI Labrada Power Card is Karbolyn. It's listed in the ingredients under the regeistered name Karbolyn. It's cheaper than the Glycoject I was just looking at online.
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

I'm a little late to the parade on this one but I'm almost out of karbo-lyn and was noticing that it all seems to be EFX, what a pain! I know vitargo is really well regarded, but I think it's priced even higher than the 'new' karbolyn.
drhowe9

Post by drhowe9 »

I also ran out of karbolyn. I tried vitagro and it is not nearly as good as karbolyn, and more pricey.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

drhowe9 wrote:I also ran out of karbolyn. I tried vitagro and it is not nearly as good as karbolyn, and more pricey.
I like dymatize flud...pure amylopectin and super cheap...13 bucks for 4 lbs at all star nutrition...
Suicyc0

Post by Suicyc0 »

New guy here, looking to make my first BP run in the new year and was hoping to do it by the book.

I just found AAEFX Karbolyn on Amazon for $45 for 4.4 lbs. Definitely more expensive than some of the alternatives, but is that out of line for the "real" stuff? (admittedly, I had no idea which one was the official brand)

Rob
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

drhowe9 wrote:I also ran out of karbolyn. I tried vitagro and it is not nearly as good as karbolyn, and more pricey.
Rob from what I know says its better
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

Suicyc0 wrote:New guy here, looking to make my first BP run in the new year and was hoping to do it by the book.

I just found AAEFX Karbolyn on Amazon for $45 for 4.4 lbs. Definitely more expensive than some of the alternatives, but is that out of line for the "real" stuff? (admittedly, I had no idea which one was the official brand)

Rob
Nope, that is about right...aaefx charges 80 bucks now and noone else can sell it after their stock runs out...
Suicyc0

Post by Suicyc0 »

matter2003 wrote: Nope, that is about right...aaefx charges 80 bucks now and noone else can sell it after their stock runs out...
Oh crap... when I read about the licensing issue, I was thinking that it was just other manufacturers that wouldn't be able to make it. I wasn't thinking that you'd only be able to buy directly from the single manufacturer!
Street-dreams

Post by Street-dreams »

karbolyn can be found for 40.99 if you get ripped with your nutrition...
oliverparsons

Post by oliverparsons »

So this might sound a little crazy...could raw oatmeal be used as a substitute for karbolyn in the formula? I usually add raw oatmeal to my protein shakes between meals....my blender grinds it up nicely so it's not think and heavy....1 cup of oatmeal = 55g of carbs. Would save a ton of money but really dont know the science behind this stuff!
drtda

Post by drtda »

The oats would almost certainly be too slow at being absorbed compared to Karbolyn or the other types of alternatives and you would miss the ideal intra- and post-workout timeframe.
oliverparsons

Post by oliverparsons »

Thanks drtda, appreciate the help!