R-ALA anyone?

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
mikej26

R-ALA anyone?

Post by mikej26 »

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I bought the blueprint a few weeks back and have been chewing through the wealth of information contained within. Hats off to Rob for being able to study such a mass of research, let alone actually being able to weave it all together into a solid program, awesome.

My most recent obsessive compulsive quest over the last few months has been insulin sensitivity. I noticed that one of the ingredients in Kre-Anabolyn is 4-hydroxy-isoluecine. From what I gather, this helps glucose and amino uptake into cells via increased insulin release from the pancreas.

Any thoughts on adding R-ALA as a supp to further take advantage of this since ALA is effective at increasing cells sensitivity to insulin?

My thinking here is that the ALA would make the process more efficient by requiring less insulin to get the same job done.

I think this would make even better use of dietary carbs via better glycogen storage with less of an insulin spike, making you less likely to store fat.

Thanks in advance
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

I don't know if theres a point of diminishing returns with such things, but my first thought would be "go for it"
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

re R-ALA

Generally,
For health - definitely
For gains - This is one of those supps where
"Individual results may vary".
(and PS, Don't overdo(se) it...)
mikej26

Post by mikej26 »

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated. Is there any possibility that ALA would negatively interact with anything in the formula, or is a safe add on?
drtda

Post by drtda »

I think Rob would definitely be on board with R-ALA. As stated though, only use a little bit to judge your individual sensitivity and then adjust from there.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

I do not suggest adding it to a KA regimen, myself, for the record.

The balance is the way it is for a reason, all sound and well researched.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

drtda wrote:I think Rob would definitely be on board with R-ALA. As stated though, only use a little bit to judge your individual sensitivity and then adjust from there.
He recommended Primaforce Insopro-R which is R-ALA with biotin, to me, but it has been discontinued for some reason...
mikej26

Post by mikej26 »

Awesome guys thank you for the quick replies.

@askmass I'm still undecided as to whether I want to try my first run with or without KA/ecdy. Was thinking of doing back to back runs with and without to compare and contrast. I'm a nerd in that sense. If I don't and still do everything else ie famine, feast, formula etc would you see R-ALA asa viable addition?

@matter2003 Thanks for your input. I'd be interested to hear his reason for recommending it to you.

Again, thanks guys
mikej26

Post by mikej26 »

matter2003 wrote:
drtda wrote:I think Rob would definitely be on board with R-ALA. As stated though, only use a little bit to judge your individual sensitivity and then adjust from there.
He recommended Primaforce Insopro-R which is R-ALA with biotin, to me, but it has been discontinued for some reason...
You can get primaforce insopro-R on amazon if you still want it.
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

formulas mixing it with biotin have always been a little bit fishy to me...seems the biotin and ALA need to be taken on the opposite sides of the day or at least 6 hours apart :?:
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

BrainSquirt wrote:formulas mixing it with biotin have always been a little bit fishy to me...seems the biotin and ALA need to be taken on the opposite sides of the day or at least 6 hours apart :?:
Apparently ala uses biotin and you will end up with issues like chapped lips and other things that require biotin...the added biotin prevents that apparently
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

I love the stuff
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

matter2003 wrote:
BrainSquirt wrote:formulas mixing it with biotin have always been a little bit fishy to me...seems the biotin and ALA need to be taken on the opposite sides of the day or at least 6 hours apart :?:
Apparently ala uses biotin and you will end up with issues like chapped lips and other things that require biotin...the added biotin prevents that apparently
mattter, ALA and biotin 'compete' for the same cellular receptor sites ... which is why I'm suspicious of gimmicky formulas with both of them included and recommend alternation - day on one then day on other, etc. ie at least 6 hours between each other. If taken within same day, lead with ALA and follow later in day/night with biotin, or vice versa, etc.

Overall, ALA is a great health and bb supplement... Trick is to find your own minimum effective dose and cycle...