CrPolley's Official BluePrint Journal - Round 1!!!

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
crpolley

Post by crpolley »

Alright Rob I'm going to do that and avoid the turkey..

Do I count the calories in alcohol towards my total intake? Especially if I'm drinking straight shots they are completely empty calories

Also can I skip the 3rd workout? My chest is very sore today and my energy levels are for sure down
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

I tend to give it a shot and if I'm feeling "off", I stop and leave the gym. I did famine a couple weeks ago and I wasn't feeling too great but when I got to the gym to do the workout I actually completed the whole thing. I didn't manage that the past 2 famine runs. But then again, my first time trying I was squatting like a machine and didn't make it past the 4th super set.
crpolley

Post by crpolley »

I'm not going to have access to the gym tomorrow though which is a problem.
First of all, most of the day I'll be traveling or at my friends parents house. Second, my Universities gym closes on thanksgiving day (tomorrow). I could possibly borrow my buddies dumb bells late at night if I absolutely have to but I still won't be able to do squats. Alternative?
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

You can old the dumbells in your hands and put a foot up on a chair or something and do single leg squats.
crpolley

Post by crpolley »

Didn't end up getting in the 3rd famine workout. Got home too late for it to be useful. I am feeling tried and my upper body is still sore as hell.

Should I do the third famine workout tomorrow or is it alright that I skipped it? I'll be going into feast tomorrow.

Few Q's with feast.
How long do I wait between the 5 day famine and the first workout of feast? I was under the impression that I should wait 72 hours (3 days). Is this true? In those 3 days should I be doing anything special or just eating a lot.

Thanks guys! This first run is confusing :/
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Don't worry about skipping Famine workout #3. You made the right call.

And yes, 3 days of nothing but eating and sleeping, prior to starting Feast training. Nothing too fancy here, just destroying your local buffet of choice... :)
crpolley

Post by crpolley »

Wow. First day of feast was GREAT! Food tasted so good and I tried to eat as much as possible.

Also started taking creatine, weight gainers, and protein shakes again.

Not sure how much protein I got in but I STUFFED myself every meal. Unfortunately I'm at a caf so the 6 meal plan is not an option. I have to eat three BIG meals and gorge myself.

I also felt much more social and outgoing today than the past week. I found that famine made me less social, funny, etc. Hopefully it gets better :)

First feast workout is Friday --> PUMPED!!!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

crpolley wrote:Wow. First day of feast was GREAT! Food tasted so good and I tried to eat as much as possible.

Also started taking creatine, weight gainers, and protein shakes again.

Not sure how much protein I got in but I STUFFED myself every meal. Unfortunately I'm at a caf so the 6 meal plan is not an option. I have to eat three BIG meals and gorge myself.

I also felt much more social and outgoing today than the past week. I found that famine made me less social, funny, etc. Hopefully it gets better :)

First feast workout is Friday --> PUMPED!!!
So happy to hear it!
crpolley

Post by crpolley »

Are a ton more today. I had a voracious appetite and ate a shitload. Does your appetite often increase after the famine period? I had at least double what others were eating at dinner and got some funny looks. Love it :P
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

crpolley wrote:Are a ton more today. I had a voracious appetite and ate a shitload. Does your appetite often increase after the famine period? I had at least double what others were eating at dinner and got some funny looks. Love it :P
Yep, you're on the right track... :)
crpolley

Post by crpolley »

My triceps and lower back muscles were super sore today after the dumb bells pullovers and stiff legged deadlifts from Feast workout #1. New exercies to me but they felt great.
Squating 205 X 10.
Bench - 145 X 10

I'm thinking I'll probably wait one more day to workout again (Monday) unless my muscles are feeling 100% tomorrow. Good idea? I'm used to working out a muscle 1-2 times a week, not 3-4.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

crpolley wrote:My triceps and lower back muscles were super sore today after the dumb bells pullovers and stiff legged deadlifts from Feast workout #1. New exercies to me but they felt great.
Squating 205 X 10.
Bench - 145 X 10

I'm thinking I'll probably wait one more day to workout again (Monday) unless my muscles are feeling 100% tomorrow. Good idea? I'm used to working out a muscle 1-2 times a week, not 3-4.
Extra rest day is almost ALWAYS, the right answer... :)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

crpolley wrote:My triceps and lower back muscles were super sore today after the dumb bells pullovers and stiff legged deadlifts from Feast workout #1. New exercies to me but they felt great.
Squating 205 X 10.
Bench - 145 X 10

Extra rest = almost ALWAYS, the right answer... :)
crpolley

Post by crpolley »

Ended up taking 3 days off because my tri's were still quite sore from the workout yesterday.

Worked out today.

Bench - 165 X 6
Dumb bell pullover - 60 X 6

Squated - 235 X 6 --> This was a bit easy. Wish I had put on more weight
Stiff Legged - 105 X 6

I also did weighted dips. 3 sets.
10 X bodyweight + 45 lbs.

Without the dips I barely felt like I got a workout. These first 5 feast workouts seem so short. Am I missing anything or is it really only those 4 exercises?

Was it bad that I did the dips? Felt good/actually tired me out.