KatZilla Run III: The Full Periodic

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
KatZilla

Post by KatZilla »

Well I guess it's time for my semi-annual update. A lot has gone on since I last posted! Due to some extraneous circumstances over the summer I had to take a couple weeks off, right in the middle of the Russian Program. I took a couple weeks to regain some strength before starting back where I left off. My bench-press is actually still a little behind where it should be, but I'm just plowing through the last few workouts so I can move on to the 10% solution soon. At the moment, my only supplements are a multivitamin, vitamin C, fish oil, and creatine. I'll most likely go ahead and run another Famine once I'm done with the Russian program, since it's been a while since my last one. I've got a couple bottles of KA that I'm saving for the 10%. I really want to order what I need for The Formula, but now that I'm a college student we'll see if funds allow it.

But now for some good news! It didn't take as long for my legs to get back to where they were after my break, so I started back doing the Russian Program for squats a little earlier than I did for bench-press. I had the final workout a few days ago, and shattered my old PR (365) with 405lbs. Just a little over six months ago my 1RM wasn't even 300lbs yet.

Also, my weight stayed around 165-170 until around mid-August. I finally worked my way up to where I can get 3000kcal down most days. I still have trouble eating as much as I should sometimes, but now that I'm out on my own I've been trying to take my diet a little more seriously. Liquid calories have really been helping. Weighed ~175 on an empty stomach just a few days ago.

Well that's it for now, and I really really will try and be (at least a little) more active on here. Hope all is well with the rest of the BP community.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Wow Kat! That is HUGE - especially the increase in Squats!!! Holy smokes!!!!!

I'm running the full Periodic right now too, coming down the shoot in The Russian program. Only running it with the bench though, given some lower back/subluxation issues I'm rehabbing. It's going great, and I'm glad you're back in the swing of things too!

Great update, great to have you back...
KatZilla

Post by KatZilla »

Glad to hear you're doing well! I'll likely have another update coming up pretty soon when I finish the Russian Program for bench (another 4 workouts left), with a new 1RM and plans for the next famine.
KatZilla

Post by KatZilla »

Glad to hear you're doing well! I'll likely have another update coming up pretty soon when I finish the Russian Program for bench (another 4 workouts left), with a new 1RM and plans for the next famine.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

KatZilla wrote:Glad to hear you're doing well! I'll likely have another update coming up pretty soon when I finish the Russian Program for bench (another 4 workouts left), with a new 1RM and plans for the next famine.
Can't wait man! You make it look easy... :)
KatZilla

Post by KatZilla »

My chest is still lagging a little, but nothing too serious. I hit 2x2 at 225 today on bench (my previous 1RM), but had to have help on the second rep of both sets. Spotter said he couldn't have been helping more than a couple lbs though, so I think I should be able to get the Russian Program's prescribed 235 1Rm next week. Still just eating as much as I can each day, getting ready for the famine coming up.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

KatZilla wrote:My chest is still lagging a little, but nothing too serious. I hit 2x2 at 225 today on bench (my previous 1RM), but had to have help on the second rep of both sets. Spotter said he couldn't have been helping more than a couple lbs though, so I think I should be able to get the Russian Program's prescribed 235 1Rm next week. Still just eating as much as I can each day, getting ready for the famine coming up.
Good man... :)

IDEA: Please have a look at this (new) loading pattern. Would LOVE your feedback, especially given your history/familiarity with The BP/BP Periodic...

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... php?t=1510

I'd appreciate it, if you could weave this into the Periodic... :):):)
KatZilla

Post by KatZilla »

Just finished reading through it, looks good man! Some questions though:
You train a major barbell lift with this twice a week
I presume it's still okay to run this for squat/bench at the same time, for a total of 4 days a week?
If running this as I suggest as part of The BP Periodic, you should be using the 1RM you finished up with at the end of GLP II.
Since I'm about to wrap up the Russian Program, should I just run the TWNP next, or go on to the 10% and then hit the TWNP after that?

Also, a less related question: I remember reading in Titan Training about a three week specialization period being a part of that program. I had considered running the 12 week Titan Training program after finishing the Periodic, and doing an arm specialization, since my arms in particular seem slow to grow in comparison with the rest of my body. Is it feasible to instead work something like this specialization into what I have left to go in the periodic?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

KatZilla wrote:Just finished reading through it, looks good man! Some questions though:
You train a major barbell lift with this twice a week
I presume it's still okay to run this for squat/bench at the same time, for a total of 4 days a week?

A. Yes sir, although you'll likely have to insert extra recovery days, as your strength grows...
If running this as I suggest as part of The BP Periodic, you should be using the 1RM you finished up with at the end of GLP II.
Since I'm about to wrap up the Russian Program, should I just run the TWNP next, or go on to the 10% and then hit the TWNP after that?

A. Try TWNP first, then layer in the 10% solution. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Also, a less related question: I remember reading in Titan Training about a three week specialization period being a part of that program. I had considered running the 12 week Titan Training program after finishing the Periodic, and doing an arm specialization, since my arms in particular seem slow to grow in comparison with the rest of my body. Is it feasible to instead work something like this specialization into what I have left to go in the periodic?
A. Yes, provided it isn't eating into your recovery ability. I don't know what it is offhand, but its a smaller muscle group so hopefully you'll be in the clear :)

Always up for a good experiment!
KatZilla

Post by KatZilla »

New bench PR! 235lbs. Only ten lbs up from my last 1RM, but at least it's up. I'm going out of town this weekend so I'm taking a couple days off to get some rest, and then Famine starts next week, and TWNP after that. Thanks for the responses!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

KatZilla wrote:New bench PR! 235lbs. Only ten lbs up from my last 1RM, but at least it's up. I'm going out of town this weekend so I'm taking a couple days off to get some rest, and then Famine starts next week, and TWNP after that. Thanks for the responses!
Fantastic man! So cool...:)
KatZilla

Post by KatZilla »

First day of famine today, jumping right into it... I still need to go to the grocery store to pick up all my fruits/veggies for the week though :lol:

And just to be clear, before I go into TWNP I should return to those first 5 Feast workouts, right?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

KatZilla wrote:First day of famine today, jumping right into it... I still need to go to the grocery store to pick up all my fruits/veggies for the week though :lol:

And just to be clear, before I go into TWNP I should return to those first 5 Feast workouts, right?
Yep, a new 1rm will be necessary, to base it off of... :)
KatZilla

Post by KatZilla »

Only another ~12 hours of famine! I have a feeling I'm going to get some awesome traction in this next feast (during TWNP), I really hit this famine hard. Maybe a little too hard at some points, but it's almost over now! Can't wait for my first meal tomorrow. I didn't get to check my weight today, but I'll try and check it tomorrow morning. Anyway here are some end-of-famine pictures, taken right after my last workout.

Unflexed:

Halfass (exhausted) flexed: