Bedtime snack

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
kh971

Bedtime snack

Post by kh971 »

During the famine phase....What do you snack on before you fall asleep?
beachpirate

Post by beachpirate »

I grab a piece of fruit.
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

I tried to save as many calories as I could, and consume them about an hr before I went to bed. Usally fruit, veggies, wheathins with low fat cheese and some nuts. It was enough to kill the hunger and help me sleep. I tried to save atleast 600-800 calories for that last meal
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

I'll spare a hot'ish answer here (true at times or not)... Pork Rinds, a full bag, is my stock answer and advise for any weight lifting American boy to calm the cravings... it honestly can't be beat on every level re BP famine.
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

askmass wrote:I'll spare a hot'ish answer here (true at times or not)... Pork Rinds, a full bag, is my stock answer and advise for any weight lifting American boy to calm the cravings... it honestly can't be beat on every level re BP famine.
forgot about them babys.... i'll definetly rember that tip for my next famine.... I love those things :)
kh971

Post by kh971 »

askmass wrote:I'll spare a hot'ish answer here (true at times or not)... Pork Rinds, a full bag, is my stock answer and advise for any weight lifting American boy to calm the cravings... it honestly can't be beat on every level re BP famine.
That's the Athens coming out in you!!! or Stevereno's Wings!!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Excellent answers!

And Turbo, that's my preferred strategy as well (saving the biggest meal for pre-bed).

At the end of the day, you're at least guaranteed of a happy ending... :)
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

We have Turkey Creek Salt and Vinegar Pork Rinds here in the upstate, you GA boys may have had em
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

kh971 wrote:
That's the Athens coming out in you!!! or Stevereno's Wings!!
Could be!

For wings, my son and I go to this little call in/carry away place in Hull called Blazers... man, the TNT will light you up, but in a good way... well, until the next day!

Moving on, lol, someone told me about the pork rind tip way back when we were all first doing the high protein/scant carb Anabolic Diet. I grew up on popcorn and chips as a TV snack and the rinds fit the bill perfectly.

It works well for BP too, because it's mostly fat, and that's something that causes the cravings as much or more so than the missing protein. I make liberal use of olive oil and avocados for this same reason in famine too, btw... but the pork rinds, it's almost like cheating and eating bacon for the week!

Do any of the SE area groceries stock those salt & vinegar rinds you mentioned, Hank? I haven't seen those here to my recollection.
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

I have only ever seen them at Lil Cricket, Qwik Stops Etc but they are in GA

https://www.turkeycreeksnacks.com/

srsly tho not this flavor