Potential BP food?

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
JlCh

Potential BP food?

Post by JlCh »

** MIGHT ONLY BE AT SAFEWAYS **

Well, I'm a distributor for Mission Foods and they just came out with a new Artisan tortilla line. After looking at it, I noticed one said "Ancient Grains". This stuff is JUST rolling in and not even on the web really. Stores should just be getting them this week. You should be able to find them in Rosauers/Superones/Safeway for sure. I tried pulling it up on the web, but couldn't find it anywhere if that tells you how new it is :p. I took a picture of it, to give you an idea what to look for:

I'm not very good with nutrition (as far as knowing what's good/bad), but here's the ingredient list and macro's ect:

Per 1 tortilla (they're pretty small)
Calories: 100 (from fat 25)
Total Fat 2.5 G
Sat fat 1 g
Mono Fat 1g
Cholesterol - 0
Sodium 240 mg
Carb 18 g
Fiber 3g
Sugar 2g
Protein 3g
8% Calcium, 6% iron

Ingredients: Whole wehat flour, waer, multi grain flour (amaranth, quinoa, millet, sorghum, teff), vegetable shortening (intersterified soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil and/or palm oil), brown sugar, contains 2% or less of: vital wheat gluten, salt, leavening (sodium bicarbonate, sodium aluminum sulfate, corn starch, monocalcium phosphate and/or sodium acid pyrophosphate, calcium sulfate), preservatives (calcium propionate, sorbric acide and/or citric acid), cellulose gum, dough conditioners (fumaric acid, sodium metabisulfite and/or mono-and diglycerides, datem, enzymes). Contains: wheat
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Great find!

Thank YOU, for contributing..
renman01

Re: Potential BP food?

Post by renman01 »

JlCh wrote:** MIGHT ONLY BE AT SAFEWAYS **

Ingredients: Whole wehat flour, waer, multi grain flour (amaranth, quinoa, millet, sorghum, teff), vegetable shortening (intersterified soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil and/or palm oil), brown sugar, contains 2% or less of: vital wheat gluten, salt, leavening (sodium bicarbonate, sodium aluminum sulfate, corn starch, monocalcium phosphate and/or sodium acid pyrophosphate, calcium sulfate), preservatives (calcium propionate, sorbric acide and/or citric acid), cellulose gum, dough conditioners (fumaric acid, sodium metabisulfite and/or mono-and diglycerides, datem, enzymes). Contains: wheat
Anything Hydrogenated = 'Trans Fat' and is something you want to stay away from, in any amount, IMHO.