Famine - Is this normal?

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
Mattlaw30

Famine - Is this normal?

Post by Mattlaw30 »

So I'm on day 4 of the famine diet and I've mainly been eating fruit, veggies and nuts. I realize this week is a system cleanse of sorts but I have literally been in the bathroom for the last few days. I may have endulged in too many bing cherries. Today I am avoiding fiber and drinking a lot of fluids and eating yogurt to get my hydration, electolyte levels and gut flora back to normal. I just wanted to know if anyone else has experience such an extreme on a fruit and veggie diet. Can't wait to have some protein!
Street-dreams

Post by Street-dreams »

if your diet didnt normally include many of the foods you are currently been eating for famine, then yes its normal you'd experience the issues you are having. Your body isnt used to it. If you ate like this long enough your body would normalize..
Mattlaw30

Post by Mattlaw30 »

Street-dreams wrote:if your diet didnt normally include many of the foods you are currently been eating for famine, then yes its normal you'd experience the issues you are having. Your body isnt used to it. If you ate like this long enough your body would normalize..
The odd thing is that I do eat a lot of fruit normally. Not as much vegetables as should
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

Did you feel like you were run over by a freight train going 100 mph on Day 3? That's when it really hit me...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Ha ha..

Day 3 indeed, is where it hits!
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

RobRegish wrote:Ha ha..

Day 3 indeed, is where it hits!
Super excited to start my next run when I get back from vacation, but am DREADING waking up day 3 of famine and having to go to work...
renman01

Post by renman01 »

Everything comes out (at high velocity) looking pretty much like a minced version of the way it went in...
5.0stang

Post by 5.0stang »

I had the same bowel movement issues for the last couple days of famine, then 24 hours after feast started. Those were because of two different diet changes, but have been find ever since.

I would call it completely normal.