Protein and "The Formula"

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

5.0stang wrote:Decisions, decisions...

Berries 'N Cream or Vanilla to be mixed in the "formula".

Any preferences mixed with water in the "formula"?

I may just get both. :)
I do prefer, berries n' cream. Had it this AM... :)

Do take care, to use ONLY H20. Using juice etc., will throw the glycemic index and possibly affect the amylyopectin "magic", per se.

It's something to behold, once you get it right... :)
Terbo16

Post by Terbo16 »

DaCookie wrote:Of course your missing something, the powder is unflavoured
Actually, I had the lemon lime flavor and mixed it with Lemon Lime Xtend........can you say lemon lime overdose!

I've decided to stick with MassPro and keep the Peptopro for post cardio/non workout days.
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

Rob,

If you have time can you expand on "water only ... juice...possibly affect the amylyopectin "magic" ? Thanks.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

BrainSquirt wrote:Rob,

If you have time can you expand on "water only ... juice...possibly affect the amylyopectin "magic" ? Thanks.
Juice (depending upon the type), has a different glycemic index. As such, it skews the insulin surge. Pineapple juice is a LOT slower, than OJ for example.

Best is H20.

Remember, muscle is 70% H20.

Drink up!
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

I just made a custom protein mix over at Trueprotein.com, interested to see how it works...

Egg White Protein 10%
Hydrolyzed Whey Protein High Grade 25%
Whey Protein Isolate Cold-Filtration 25%
PeptoPro (Hydrolyzed Caseinate) 10%
Glutamine Peptides by the Pound 5%
L-Leucine by the Pound 20%
Citrulline Malate by the Pound 5%

Gonna be my own guinea pig on this one...
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

I haven't had a chance to try my mix yet...

But I can tell you, 60% BCAAs + 20% Arginine +20% Carnitine tastes TERRIBLE!! ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!

Like I take a half scoop mix it in a LOT of water and add a packet (or two) or crystal light and it still tastes terrible (but is consumable this way).
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

beefcake66 wrote:I haven't had a chance to try my mix yet...

But I can tell you, 60% BCAAs + 20% Arginine +20% Carnitine tastes TERRIBLE!! ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!

Like I take a half scoop mix it in a LOT of water and add a packet (or two) or crystal light and it still tastes terrible (but is consumable this way).
hahaha...u think that's bad, try taking straight CEE with water...almost puked the first time I tried it...
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

I actually gagged when I had that mix, for serious. I had two friends over, the look on my face had one convinced to never try it (I tried to get him to hah).. the other I managed to convince, same situation... terrible, terrible...

I'll take you word on the CEE though. Not touchin that straight :D
nigh70wl

Post by nigh70wl »

I tried drinking straight CEE a few times... and AAKG too... quickly decided that I did not need CEE in my life, and that I could get empty capsules to jam full of AAKG if I really wanted a pump for some reason :P
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Just as an FYI-

Real AAKG never comes in power or capsule form as a finished product.

Never.

Nitro AKG is the Patented, original Real McCoy that predates even NO2.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

beefcake66 wrote:I actually gagged when I had that mix, for serious. I had two friends over, the look on my face had one convinced to never try it (I tried to get him to hah).. the other I managed to convince, same situation... terrible, terrible...

I'll take you word on the CEE though. Not touchin that straight :D
It tastes like bad cough syrup and rubbing alcohol mixed together I think is how I put it to someone else that asked me what it tasted like...