Diet/Supplements 24 Hours before Weight Meet?

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
5.0stang

Diet/Supplements 24 Hours before Weight Meet?

Post by 5.0stang »

Say I have a 3-6 hour window for a weight meet for maximum strength/power.

How should I prep the body the night before? Morning of? During?

Any interesting meals, drinks, (or both), etc. that are great to jump start the day to make sure those muscles are ready for action?

Thanks for the ideas!
RobRegish

Re: Diet/Supplements 24 Hours before Weight Meet?

Post by RobRegish »

5.0stang wrote:Say I have a 3-6 hour window for a weight meet for maximum strength/power.

How should I prep the body the night before? Morning of? During?

Any interesting meals, drinks, (or both), etc. that are great to jump start the day to make sure those muscles are ready for action?

Thanks for the ideas!
The focus here should be on carbohydrates, ideally liquids given more can be consumed in that time window.

Of those liquid carbs, I/we favor high molecular weight, modified starches such as those found in Kwik Karb/Pure Karbolyn. Unlike sugars, these won't bloat you nor leave you feeling sluggish.

They are carbohydrates. Note the suffix = hydrate.

For every gram of carb you store as glycogen, it pulls in/attracts nearly 3 grams of H20 with it. Given muscle is nearly 70% water, you can see where the weight is going to be piling on fast... :)

A pinch of sodium also helps, and of course some complete proteins.

Hope that helps!
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

Night before:
Adaptagen-N (If allowed)
Also, would avoid any protein sources that significanly increase blood urea nitrogen

Morning of / before:
Would include
Peak ATP
L Citruline Malate
Ribose
Octacosanol

Nitro AKG

Because of timing issues I would not consider any stims like Burn It Up! etc. but I might do one of its key ingredients, PS
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

BrainSquirt wrote:Night before:
Adaptagen-N (If allowed)
Also, would avoid any protein sources that significanly increase blood urea nitrogen

Morning of / before:
Would include
Peak ATP
L Citruline Malate
Ribose
Octacosanol

Nitro AKG

Because of timing issues I would not consider any stims like Burn It Up! etc. but I might do one of its key ingredients, PS
Very solid micro nutrient suggestions here, to compliment my macros. No surprise being it's none other than The Brain... :)

Welcome back boss, good to see you around!