Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
nigh70wl

Post by nigh70wl »

that's a great question
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Hi guys.

Personally, I drink raw, organic goats milk from a farm up Hanks way and have for years. I mix my scoops of MASS PRO into it.

I will not touch "conventional" cows milk, for a whole host of reasons.

You can do your own research, but I'd mix my shakes in water first.

Now, as to WHEY- Whey is not interchangeable with WHOLE milk, for starters. Whey is a distinct byproduct of cheese production, a very unique protein in and of itself.

Why not use (heat) powdered milk for a couple weeks and see how well you recover and grow? You can buy it for a super low price at the grocery.

Then, replace it with MASS PRO for the next two weeks.

Then, I'd love you to go on Designer Whey or the Wally World $14.95 stuff for two weeks after that and report back your findings on the six week personal study.

But, back on topic more so, cold processed WHEY is VASTLY superior in retention of immune and growth factors verses the common heat and chemical processed whey's found everywhere, and that's been clearly proven in many scientific studies, time and again.

So, to directly answer you Resto, it's not a marketing gimmick.

No sir.

Who would go to such huge expense to prop up a marketing gimmick? And besides, as most of you know marketing gimmicks have never been our focus or style for what has now been 18 years.

Personally, the raw milk freedom crusade is something near and dear to me, really food freedom on the whole. So, I could talk a very long time about hundreds of facets in and around this topic.

But, to be concise, one can look back over my posts if they care to and see a consistent voice on the value of the less processed the better. The more natural and organic, the better.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Marketing gimmicks are usually fairly cheap stuff just marked up to a high price.Come to think of it I cant think of a marketing gimmick with high production costs right now.I bet there is very few.
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

BrainSquirt wrote:General questions... barely on topic

Askmass, etc.
Is there a scale of which individual amino acids are most susceptible to unavailability via heat and other structural damage?

Thanks.
To clarify, my question was not specifically about forms of milk and milk by-products as much as it was about individual, even isolated, aminos. Does anyone know or have a trusted source for how each on a list of aminos like below is ‘broken, warped, or messed up inside ’ by heat ?(and how much heat?)
L-valine
L-arginine
L-isoleucine
L-lysine
L-phenylalanine
L-histidine
L-leucine
L-methionine
L-threonine
L-tryptophan

Many thanks.
nigh70wl

Post by nigh70wl »

askmass, why not make mass pro whey from raw milk? you'd be the first real bodybuilding company out there to do so... and then you'd have the best product available on the market, no question. it'd be like the beginning of a revolution.

if there is concern about folks getting sick from possible contamination, it's pretty cheap to test milk for that, and you could get people to agree to indemnify you for any illness they might contract as a result of use of your product.
restoman45

Post by restoman45 »

askmass wrote: So, to directly answer you Resto, it's not a marketing gimmick.

No sir.

Who would go to such huge expense to prop up a marketing gimmick? And besides, as most of you know marketing gimmicks have never been our focus or style for what has now been 18 years.

Personally, the raw milk freedom crusade is something near and dear to me, really food freedom on the whole. So, I could talk a very long time about hundreds of facets in and around this topic.

But, to be concise, one can look back over my posts if they care to and see a consistent voice on the value of the less processed the better. The more natural and organic, the better.
Thanks for the reply. You guys have been great to me on orders, getting here in a timely fashion, great tasting protein shakes. Best yet, you stand behind everything. I got the wrong size shirt and the wrong protein powder, and you let me keep the wrong stuff and like 2 days later the right stuff was at my door! For that I applaud you because customer service and quality products are few and far between - and hardly every do you get both from the same company!

That said, I totally agree with you on the raw milk campaign. We can buy booze which guarantees to mess with you, sushi and other questionable items no question. But we better not get raw milk easily!!! - what a joke

Now, you said you get the whey from cheese. Would you be able to get your whey from cheese made from raw milk? Wouldn't the benefits then increase even more?

Thanks for the info!
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

On a national level "the feds" will only allow a scant few cheeses to be raw, and they hate even having to allow those.

Some states allow their distribution, others don't.

I have heard that some raw cheese is made from the same milk source as the whey that MP comes from, but I really can't say how much.
restoman45

Post by restoman45 »

askmass wrote:On a national level "the feds" will only allow a scant few cheeses to be raw, and they hate even having to allow those.

Some states allow their distribution, others don't.

I have heard that some raw cheese is made from the same milk source as the whey that MP comes from, but I really can't say how much.
Is that a "wink wink" or are you really not sure?

Just out of curiosity, why do you choose raw goat milk over raw cow milk? Goat milk is an acquired taste imo, and its twice the price of raw cow milk in my area (7 bucks per half gallon for raw goat milk and 7.50 a gallon for raw cow milk). I kinda like the goat milk as a glass here and there, but I can drink 1-1.5 gallon of cow milk a day, and do it with enjoyment. I can't get enough of the stuff...
nigh70wl

Post by nigh70wl »

:shock: you are paying $7.50 a gallon of raw cow milk? are you buying it from a farmer or from a third-party retailer?

I'm going to start buying organic raw guernsey milk from an amish guy and I'm going to pay him like... $3 a gallon, and that's really generous. if milk isn't USDA certified organic farmers are only getting like $1.30 a gallon at the moment.
restoman45

Post by restoman45 »

nigh70wl wrote::shock: you are paying $7.50 a gallon of raw cow milk? are you buying it from a farmer or from a third-party retailer?

I'm going to start buying organic raw guernsey milk from an amish guy and I'm going to pay him like... $3 a gallon, and that's really generous. if milk isn't USDA certified organic farmers are only getting like $1.30 a gallon at the moment.
I did pay 6.50 at a place closer to the farms. At the moment, 7.50 is the best deal. I thought that was decent considering I have heard of the 15+ per gallon prices out in california haha.

I wish I could get it for 3 dollars, that cheaper than the piss milk you get from walmart even. I have only begun digging in local raw milk, have found a couple places that sell it, the closest one to me is 7.50 unfortunately. This milk I get is certified however. Their farm has to pass South Carolina testing every month to be grade A raw...