Kre-Anabolyn: 4th Generation

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
spyda951

Post by spyda951 »

i just purchased the blueprint program. moreover, i am a college student who is in low supply of money and was wondering if 6 caps of the new 4th gen KA is needed since its on the expensive side. if any other dosing strategies would allow for optimal gains please let me know.

thank you
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Hey spyda951, welcome aboard!

6 caps of KA would be way overkill. I'd suggest 3 to start, which should be plenty.

As far as dosing, highly recommend you consume 1 cap prior to training and 2 caps immediately after with your pre/post workout drink respectively on training days.

Given you have the BP, you're probably aware of it's importance with respect to cGMP activation. Here it is again:

"A rapid increase of cGMP and a decrease of cAMP levels in mouse plasma, together with a decrease of PKA activity in liver were described 40 min after an intraperitoneal injection of 10 μg 20E (Catalán et al., 1979a&b, 1982)." 20E as referenced is 20-hydroxyecdysterone, found in Kre-Anabolyn and Adaptogen N.

This clue was buried deep in LaFont's excellent paper, Practical uses for
ecdysteroids in mammals including humans: an update R. Lafont1,3 and L.
Dinan2,4. See page 16 of 30, under sub-heading: Rapid membrane effects

https://www.insectscience.org/3.7/Lafont ... 7_2003.pdf

Accordingly, your dosing of ecdysterone is positioned in the Feast (not the
Famine) phase where it would work against the cAMP state we're trying to
create. I'm going to put a finer point on that now and recommend that you ingest Ecdy 60-90 minutes prior to your workouts due to the cGMP info cited here.

Although 40 min is the timeframe given for "a rapid increase of cGMP and a decrease of cAMP", it must be noted that this was via injection. Oral ingestion will understandably, result in a greater lag time.

You can see now why I recommend ecdysterone be used during select phases of The Blueprint and in combination with other variables to maximize its impact.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Also, let's look at the 4 Hydroxy-L-Isoleucine in the formula:

4-HYDROXY-L-ISOLEUCINE: A study done at the University of Montana
investigated the impact of 4-hydroxyisoleucine on trained cyclists. The cyclists depleted their glycogen stores (as found in the famine phase) through intense exercise. Following exercise the test group consumed a carbohydrate drink (similar to the feast phase) with 1.8g/kg of body weight and 4-hydroxyisoleucine while the control group consumed only the carbohydrate drink. The test group showed a 60% improvement in carbohydrate replenishment than the control group. Of importance is that the test group did not have higher insulin levels indicating that 4-hydroxyisoleucine improved insulin sensitivity.

Ruby BC, Gaskill SE, Slivica D. Effects of 4-hydroxyisoleucine on rates of postexercise glycogen resynthesis in trained male cyclists.

Important to note that this was JUST 4-hydroxy causing these effects. You can imagine the positive difference when using a 4-hydrox formula that also supplies creatine, rhaponticum carthamoides extract, etc. as found in Kre-Anabolyn.
spyda951

Post by spyda951 »

Thank you for your quick and very informative response. The only other question I have, then, is how should I dose KA on non training days?

Once again thank you
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Suggest KA on non-training days during the meals at which you consume the MOST carbohydrates.

Doing so ensures fewer carbs would be stored as fat and those carbs facilitate intra-muscular storage of Kre-Alkalyn..