anxiety attacks after training?

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
tufluk

anxiety attacks after training?

Post by tufluk »

Has anyone here ever experienced anxiety attacks after weight lifting?

I have come to understand anxiety attacks can be triggered by stress and cause excess adrenalin in the bloodstream. Recently I have had some very stressful experiences, and after weight lifting I have these anxiety attacks presumably caused by the adrenalin released.
they materialize around the last 3rd of my workout and effect the weight I can effectively lift, they peek right as im leaving the gym and subside over a period of around 15mins.

I have searched around and found this to be the case for others too, but nobody seems to have any cures. it is the first time anything like this has ever happened so I was wondering if any of my fellow blueprint weight lifters have ever had/heard of anything like this after training?

its not cool loosing your appetite, feeling weak, and anxious about working out when your trying to pack on the pounds :(
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

(I don’t have experience with this so take this with a grain of salt…)

Indications are it’s a combination of 1) below average re-uptake in lactic acid levels (kidney fucntion , blood conditions mostly) and 2) leading or lagging of adrenal output, 3) plus other biochemical imbalances that somehow combine to trigger the abnormal ‘anxiety’ in nervous system…

Have you tried slowing down your lift speed ?
(btw, and that might require making adjustments to weight on bar and routine)

Also, What time of day are you working out?

Maybe try extra Nitro AKG ( in AM? )and MSM ( PM?)
I might try Ribose too if it were me...
Not sure about the timing or dose sizing, maybe others have recomendations...

hth
tufluk

Post by tufluk »

thanks for the reply!

I have been giving longer rests between sets and this helps a lot!
creatine definitely plays a large part in this, I googled creatine and anxiety and a lot came up. strange tho, after taking it on and off for two years,
but if I take 5g now I have a lot of anxiety like symtoms come up.

ill defo look into your recommendations.
everything seems to be geting slowly better with some of my problems calming down, avoiding caffeine and creatine and taking gamma gh seems to help.

I read a lot about it on t-nation forums for any one else interested.

im glad iv educated my self on this, it came out of the blue and destroyed my training! knowledge is power and trainings getting better
:D