Shoulder Rehab

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
PushingTheLimit

Post by PushingTheLimit »

I will...I am debating just allowing my shoulder to rest for a week or two. Just do very light sled training...what is your opinion on that? Just need it to heal
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I'd be open to that.

Which movement seemed to "tweak" it this week? B/C we'e eliminating it..
PushingTheLimit

Im pretty sure DB bench and the preacher curls. I think rest might help. Just give it a few days and see how it feels. I will continue to take anti inflammatories and maybe that with rest will help it heal. I am up to trying anything now. I will continue with my other training including beginning German Loading Pattern 2 for legs.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Good deal.

You'll be learning a lot more about Ibuprofen in BP 3.0 :)
PushingTheLimit

Haha I am well aquainted with the stuff from years of baseball
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Me too.. used to live on them.

Being I'm out of DMSO at the moment (just ordered a pint of ODORLESS DMSO from PA), I used what I had.

NEVER AGAIN

I'm doing some unique diagnostic testing for BP 3.0 and if you think it stops protein synthesis cold (it does), you won't believe what it does to another, VERY important measurement related to optimal ecdysterone usage.

And if you're a current customer, you'll be getting 3.0 for FREE. New customers may have to deal with a new price. I haven't made a final decision yet, but if you thought 2.0 was a big improvement (many people did), 3.0 is going to blow your mind...
PushingTheLimit

Thats great. I want to heal so I can actually give the BP a true shot.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Agree 100% and I too, am itching to get you to 100% on the shoulder to see what BP can really do for you.

Since there's built in flexibility though such that there are so many facets to it, we're able to go on the offensive in other areas.

BP brings guns to the knife fight. Because you never know..
PushingTheLimit

Well I am just going to try resting the shoulder for this week and see how it feels. If there is any improvement then maybe all it needs is just some time off. I am wanting to get back in the gym a lift like no other. Its killing me not being able to reach my goals right now.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Got it.

I'm also looking at other ways to boost your core lifts. The Blueprint Periodic though (for your SQ), is hard to beat..

When we do get that shoulder in shape, I'd like your thouhts on the following loading pattern:

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... =1554#1554

Hope that helps...
PushingTheLimit

That looks interesting...

I have a question pertaining the next loading pattern for legs. While doing this should I add in other leg movements or just focus on the squats andDimel Deadlifts like before?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

The primary focus should be on the two movements you specified.

Having said that, OK to add addional work provided you don't see it taking away from your recovery for the SQ.

Best to add it early if you do, then taper it off as you approach the peak toward the end. Doing so adds to the de-loading/tapering effect seen with such loading patterns....especially the one you're about to execute.

Check out the Blueprint Periodic Chart on page 68, last 3 workouts!

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/ ... dSheet.pdf
PushingTheLimit

alright sounds good..

my shoulder is feeling slighlty better right now. Inflammation has gone down slightly. Going to continue to rest if and see how it feels
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I think I too, have a hyper-extended shoulder (left).

I've noticed an odd occurrence. I can feel pain when it pulls forward (feels like it pulls out of the joint). However, under a linear load (let's say bench press), it feels fine.

Unless I'm using DMSO pre-training, there is inflammation post workout. This is greatly mitigated by DMSO, a true wonder cure in my book.

I'm continuing my research in this area, as I consider it to be a major player/recovery agent when training in the 90th percentile or greater.

I will keep you posted and as always, wish you the best!