Static Holds?

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

in my case, I use 120 to 130% 1RM for a close to 15 seconds hold. Strongly depend on the exercise though...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

A. Solution? Delivered*...

https://www.newgrip.com/indexGloves.html

Padded Hand Grips:

"Once you start pressing the heavy iron your hands and wrists will really appreciate some extra cushioning. One of my customers, Alan Trombetta, makes the best padded hand grips for pressing exercises. I’ve never seen their equal. (Yet they are really inexpensive.) Buy them and you’ll press more weight, it’s as simple as that".

* Suggested use protocol; Hold a maximal weight, for 5 seconds in the strongest range of the given movement. Ideally, two such holds with at least 3 minutes rest, between sets.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

RobRegish wrote:A. Solution? Delivered*...

Padded Hand Grips:

"Once you start pressing the heavy iron your hands and wrists will really appreciate some extra cushioning. One of my customers, Alan Trombetta, makes the best padded hand grips for pressing exercises. I’ve never seen their equal. (Yet they are really inexpensive.) Buy them and you’ll press more weight, it’s as simple as that".

* Suggested use protocol; Hold a maximal weight, for 5 seconds in the strongest range of the given movement. Ideally, two such holds with at least 3 minutes rest, between sets.
Those look great ill probably buy them, especially since im doing 160% of my old 1RM in static holds now.Cant wait to test my new 1RM cause like most people said they are doin 120-130% there 1RM static holds in bench.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

DaCookie wrote:
RobRegish wrote:A. Solution? Delivered*...

Padded Hand Grips:

Those look great ill probably buy them, especially since im doing 160% of my old 1RM in static holds now.Cant wait to test my new 1RM cause like most people said they are doin 120-130% there 1RM static holds in bench.
Happy to help... :) That's what the big man put me/us here for, I think?... :) :) :).

I/we'll let the shrinks sort that one out lol...
jimmyk21

Post by jimmyk21 »

JML2011 wrote:Justin,
This allows them to get stronger and more used to the heavier weight, so that when you are doing Bench, or pulls, or whatever exercise, that you will be more comfortable with the weight and not be like DAMN! THIS IS HEAVY!

Hope that helps!
I wonder if this would work with squats for this reason. Set the safety pins just below your desired height to get you used to being under that much weight.

Any thoughts on this vs leg press Rob?

It's a trade off; Better growth stimulation w/the squat yet, more vertical compression of the spine.

Here's how I/we address it!! Depending upon which 3Faces of Fear(tm) training day it is, here's how I/we go about it!!

45 Degree Hack Squats - Slight vertical compression of the spine
Hip Belt Squats - ZERO vertical compression of the spine
45 Degree Leg Sled/Press - Slight vertical compression of the spine
Hip Belt Squats - ZERO vertical compression of the spine, etc.

Presto, there's your fix and the best of ALL overload worlds!!!