Cruise Questions

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
warrior

Cruise Questions

Post by warrior »

I am just starting cruise today and have a few questions I hope you can help me with.

1) Cardio - can I continue to do HITT for 20-30min/day or do I resort back to longer cardio times at a lower frequency?

2) Can I still do EDT blocks with the Bill's 5X5? or do I just add the extra parts I want to train that are not in the set workout and do 5 x 5 , for example if today I am doing upper body can I add shrugs and do 5sets of 5 or do them in an edt jump set fashion?

Warrior
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

first of all, you should take 2-3 days off weight training after your last feast workout before entering cruise. You can/should do active recovery though in the meantime.

1) yes you can/should do cardio, HIIT or LISS but at a lower frequency and intensity

2) I won't include EDT during cruise. Workout should be less intense and less frequent, just like cardio, to help with recovery and adaptation to your newly add muscles on your physique.
warrior

Post by warrior »

Thanks for the advice Bigpelo, I plan on taking two days off before my first cruise workout. It's really hard to get use to time off between workouts, guess thats why I'm doing Robs BP,lol
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

warrior wrote:Thanks for the advice Bigpelo, I plan on taking two days off before my first cruise workout. It's really hard to get use to time off between workouts, guess thats why I'm doing Robs BP,lol
A. There's a reason, for every season... :)

That's what "Mixelflick" told me, anyway... :) :) :)