A short blueprint run?

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
oliverparsons

A short blueprint run?

Post by oliverparsons »

Hey everyone...just curious if anyone here has done a shortened blueprint run? Im going away at the end of this month and also at the end of may (where I wont be able to go to the gym). Looking at the dates, it seems like I have 50 days in between my trips. Has anyone successfully done famine, feast and cruise in a shortened time period?

Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

Oliver
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

Let's say you won't train during the first trip, that will make for the preparation. Don't forget to monitor your rest heart rate.

5 day famine (maybe 4 if you can do the 2 first workout in 2 days? Should ask Rob first)

then 31 or 32 days feast (depending on your famine length)

then 14 days cruise

there you have your 50 days!
RobRegish

Re: A short blueprint run?

Post by RobRegish »

oliverparsons wrote:Hey everyone...just curious if anyone here has done a shortened blueprint run? Im going away at the end of this month and also at the end of may (where I wont be able to go to the gym). Looking at the dates, it seems like I have 50 days in between my trips. Has anyone successfully done famine, feast and cruise in a shortened time period?

Oliver
You can do this Oliver but it means keeping Feast on the shorter side. As such, GLP1 is ideal. You're also going to want to brush up on these..

Some ideas to facilitate active recovery between workouts:

1.) GPP such as sled dragging
2.) Push a weighted wheelbarrow up a slight incline
3.) Medicine ball throws
4.) Some HIIT cardio
5.) Treat yourself to a massage
6.) Get a chiropractic adjustment
7.) Daily hot/cold showes. Alternate 1 minute of each for 10 minutes.
8.) Cryotherapy on sore muscles: Take a dixie cup, fill it with water and place in the freezer. Have you GF/wife or mistress (ideally all 3) apply to said muscles, peeling the cup as the ice melts.

You can add Cayenne Pepper to this when you freeze it, but unclear as to if that's legal in your state. Since I'm not up on these things, you can cite cite Rob's recommendation and ignorance of the law. That'll work in every state*

Any of the above is going to GREATLY benefit you and shave days off of recovery between heavy workouts.

Hope this helps!

*Excludes states with vowels in their names
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

fwiw I have done a 5 week run (including famine) with GREAT success before
JML2011

Post by JML2011 »

RobRegish wrote: 8.) Cryotherapy on sore muscles: Take a dixie cup, fill it with water and place in the freezer. Have you GF/wife or mistress (ideally all 3) apply to said muscles, peeling the cup as the ice melts.

You can add Cayenne Pepper to this when you freeze it, but unclear as to if that's legal in your state. Since I'm not up on these things, you can cite cite Rob's recommendation and ignorance of the law. That'll work in every state*
another good remedy is hot sauce with a little olive/canola oil. Helps allow you to massage it in better.

the capsaician is what gets ya the goods :)

a damp cloth of apple-cider vinegar and cayenne is also good. I know MASS sells apple-cider vinegar as well... thought about tryin it sometime.
Street-dreams

Post by Street-dreams »

RobRegish wrote:
oliverparsons wrote:Hey everyone...just curious if anyone here has done a shortened blueprint run? Im going away at the end of this month and also at the end of may (where I wont be able to go to the gym). Looking at the dates, it seems like I have 50 days in between my trips. Has anyone successfully done famine, feast and cruise in a shortened time period?

Oliver
You can do this Oliver but it means keeping Feast on the shorter side. As such, GLP1 is ideal. You're also going to want to brush up on these..

3.) Medicine ball throws
4.) Some HIIT cardio
8.) Cryotherapy on sore muscles: Take a dixie cup, fill it with water and place in the freezer. Have you GF/wife or mistress (ideally all 3) apply to said muscles, peeling the cup as the ice melts.

Any of the above is going to GREATLY benefit you and shave days off of recovery between heavy workouts.

Hope this helps!

why would adding cayene pepper to water be illegal?
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

RobRegish wrote:

Oliver

3.) Medicine ball throws
4.) Some HIIT cardio

Hope this helps!

I love cryotherapy... I just learned about it last run and started doing it on the stationary bike as part of my cool down.

I've never heard of adding cayenne pepper though, is there a reason why you need to make the chili pepper chilly? (groan)
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

Oliver
I'm currently working on a somewhat compressed timeline for the blueprint, and as Rob suggested it's feast that's getting shortened.
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

You can pull it off, the only thing you'll cut short would be feast.
Frankly i handle cruise much differently and really use it to heal and recover, so frequency can drop, you can mix yoga/ cardio etc.

Go for it bud
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Solid advice here again: Abbreviated Feast...

Thank you Hank :)
oliverparsons

Post by oliverparsons »

Thanks guys, as always I appreciate the help! Since I will be running a shortened feast (and will want to pack in as many workouts as possible without overtraining) I will definitely use the active receovery methods. Are there any posts on here that explain sled dragging and medicine ball throws? (i live in NYC so wheelbarrow outta the question!). Do pushups and pullups count as active recovery? Also, i'll incorporate aminos into my supplements because that seemed to help me reover faster last time.

Thanks very very much!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

3.) Medicine ball throws
4.) Some LISS (but not HIIT) cardio
7.) Daily hot/cold showers. Alternate 1 minute of each for 10 minutes.

*Excludes states with vowels in their names :)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

RobRegish wrote:Some ideas to facilitate active recovery between workouts:

3.) Medicine ball throws
4.) Some LISS (but not HIIT) cardio
7.) Daily hot/cold showers. Alternate 1 minute of each for 10 minutes.

*Excludes states with vowels in their names :)
Pushups and pullups wouldn't quite qualify in my mind. REASON: There is an eccentric component to each, leading to some (albeit mild) muscle damage if not using weights but rather....bodyweight only.

Hope that helps... :)