Shoulder Rehab

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
PushingTheLimit

Post by PushingTheLimit »

Haha thats great! There are usually just a couple of old people that walk around the track and just stare at me. They must think I am crazy. I have really grown to love sled training. It has whipped me into shape quick.

So whats your opinion on my return to weight lifting? How long do you think I should wait?

How much do you think the restrictions I have would affect the creation of a solid program? Would it cause muscle imbalances?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Another month of what you're doing should do it...

In terms of restrictions, ultimately....none. I don't do restrictions and I don't think you should either. Now when we do start back, we won't be doing 1RM type stuff. But that doesn't mean we don't do overload. I have ideas...
PushingTheLimit

Another month is a long time but better safe than sorry. Plus I am having fun with what I am doing. I am really killing bodyfat with the workouts I have been doing even while eating about 3000 calories. I am doing sled work but I am also throwing is all sorts of speed and agility work. At the end of each workout I doing some rough conditioning as well. Trying to get back to my athlete roots.

Any tips on what I can add to my workouts to get more out of them?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Nothing at this point..

The fact you're wanting more is a good sign. Scratch that... a GREAT sign. Ethusiasm must be tempered though. Not to reign you in but rather, to prevent a re-occurrence of your injury.

Don't want to take you down that road again. It will be here soon enough. Until then... still waters run deep.
PushingTheLimit

Sounds good. I will stick with what I am doing. Its working so why change it
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I felt something in my shoulder during the last workout. Tomorrow tells the tale so I may be in deeper on this rehab thing with you shortly..

If so, I couldn't be in better company :)
PushingTheLimit

Lets hope its nothing. Shoulders are just naturally really prone to injury. So many ligaments converge at one point and the shoulder itself can move in so many different planes. I knew I was bound to have some kind of shoulder injury eventually because I played baseball for 8 years.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Me too. Played right through college.

I was a pitcher. Got wild at the end so it was at least entertaining. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow morning..

Back to you. How are you feeling?
PushingTheLimit

I am feeling great. Been working a lot but I have my nutrition down right and am getting in some great workouts
PushingTheLimit

NEW SQUAT MAX SET TODAY!

335lbs!

Not bad for 6 workouts :)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

AWESOME! What's that, +20lbs?

Man I love coming here and hearing about how well you guys are doing. I get beat up all day at work and you really lifted my spirits.

SOOOO happy for you!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Here's what I'd like you to do next with respect to the squat..

Take a week off from lower body training. Continue of course with the shoulder rehab course I've outlined but dis-continue lower body work.

When you resume the following week, do so with German Loading Pattern #2 as per The Blueprint Periodic - For Strength.

I really want to keep this rolling!
PushingTheLimit

Alright...so does that include sled dragging for legs as well or just lifting?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Just lifting.

Keep draggin' :)