Recovery Question

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
warrior

Recovery Question

Post by warrior »

I apologize if this question has been covered before hand but I really did not find a clear answer in my search.

My question is after resting if you still feel sore and are recovering from a leg work out, is it safe to do a chest work before fully recovering from your leg workout or do you fully recover before moving to next workout?
JML2011

Re: Recovery Question

Post by JML2011 »

warrior wrote:I apologize if this question has been covered before hand but I really did not find a clear answer in my search.

My question is after resting if you still feel sore and are recovering from a leg work out, is it safe to do a chest work before fully recovering from your leg workout or do you fully recover before moving to next workout?
No worries!

Great question!

Heres my two cents.
You are free to do your chest workout if your legs are still sore. It is always a good idea to recover enough before doing your legs again, so if you have to take an extra rest day, then do it!

Rule of thumb is that you should recover from your soreness, or most of it, before you do the same muscle groups again. So if you alternate upper and lower body you should be fine.

You know your body and what it can handle, so just listen to what it tells you.

Personally, I can usually go every other day on workouts for the same muscle group, even if I am a little sore, but now and then if I am "too" sore, I will take an extra rest day.

hth!!
warrior

Post by warrior »

Thanks JML2011, I thinking the same, just wanted to make sure I'm on the right track. I've been attempting a 1 on 1 off as well. Last leg workout for my 1RM was killer, starting GLP # 1 Today :D

JML2011 wrote:
warrior wrote:I apologize if this question has been covered before hand but I really did not find a clear answer in my search.

No worries!

Great question!

Heres my two cents.
You are free to do your chest workout if your legs are still sore. It is always a good idea to recover enough before doing your legs again, so if you have to take an extra rest day, then do it!

Rule of thumb is that you should recover from your soreness, or most of it, before you do the same muscle groups again. So if you alternate upper and lower body you should be fine.

Personally, I can usually go every other day on workouts for the same muscle group, even if I am a little sore, but now and then if I am "too" sore, I will take an extra rest day.

hth!!
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

hell, I've worked my legs while they were still sore.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

JML2011 wrote:

No worries!

Great question!

Heres my two cents.

hth!!
God love ya' JML2011!!!

Pretty soon, you guys won't need me around... :)
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

This is a little off topic but may help the OP

Adaptagen-N may be an alternative solution to this issue - but only if it is occasional not routine. Pls note: Contrary to most, I am an advocate of using AN only when seriously needed, definitely not regularily... hth