SAMMM's Journal

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
sammm

Post by sammm »

Ok, so am i doing it wrongly?

So i should be doing, Barbell curls & Lying tricep extensions instead of what i was doing?

Sorry, i'm confused...
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

Stay with the same exercises you where doing but you need to do more than one super set.

Here's an example of what an EDT block should look like:

EDT FOR UPPER BODY: Perform the following EDT block (5 - 6 total sets) again, after a short warmup:

Seated cable rows

Dips

EXAMPLE Begin with a weight that you can comfortably get 10 reps with.
Do not go, or even near to failure. On set #1, you get 6 reps with the rows (note.. NOT going to failure) and immediately go into the dips, again achieving 6 reps.

Rest exactly 2 minutes

On set 2, same drill and again you achieve 6 reps on each

Rest exactly 2 minutes

On set 3, same drill but now you get just 5 reps

Rest exactly 2 minutes

On set 4, you again achieve 5 reps apiece

Rest exactly 2 minutes

On set 5, you achieve just 3 reps on each exercise

Rest exactly 2 minutes

On your final set, you rep out both exercises and get 3 reps apiece..

Total EDT block workout time: 16 minutes. You tally up the total amount of reps for each and there's your baseline: You achieved 56 reps in a total of 16 minutes.

Your challenge the next time you repeat this is to get more reps with the same weight. Once you are able to do 20% more (68 reps) within the same time period, you up the weight 5% on each exercise.

Clearer?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Awesome work bigpelo!! That Mixelflick guy put together a hell of a sticky on this too!!! :)

Now Samm my man.......here's what's important about these EDT green eggs and ham:

Your FIRST time out of the gate is just your baseline workout. What you get is what you get. The point being, you absolutely MUST top that rep total (not increase the weights) next workout.

Once you're able to move 20% more reps vs. the baseline workout, you have 2 options:

1.) Increase weights used on each exercise by 5% OR
2.) Switch up the exercise template

If you need ANY help whatsoever, I'm a PM away. In fact, I'll do you one better. Check your PM's...

My cell phone # is there... :)