Training. A bit flustered.

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
TriPhosphate

Training. A bit flustered.

Post by TriPhosphate »

I've read the BP cover to cover twice now. I suppose i'm just a little confused on the training protocol still. Actually, completely confused. I'm not sure if I'm just not reading it correctly because it doesn't seem like it's factual...or if i'm just reading it incorrectly altogether. Any help anybody wants to throw my way in the phases is great. I find the book to be slightly confusing as there seem to be training programs stuck in random places in it. So i'm not sure what is for what...

Let me add this, i'm a competitve natural bodybuilder and i'm cutting for a show right now. I'm cutting very slowly (.3-.4 lbs weekly) to preserve muscle as i'm in no hurry, but I will be keeping calories in a defecit at all times if I do the BP (i've posted a topic on this in the nutrition section.). I do 3 session of HIIT per week and some MISS thrown in whenever I get the time. I currently train with weights 7 days a week and do every bodypart twice a week. Not overtraining. My body adapts pretty fast and pretty well. I know you're all going to think I train like a wimp, but believe me, it's balls to the wall every session and i'm hardly sore in the following days. So since this program seems to drastically reduce volume, I wont be burning as much calories, that's a concern. I'm also concerned on how to run HIIT with this program.

Thanks everybody. I guess I should just openly admit, I'm clueless.
JML2011

Post by JML2011 »

Could you explain a little bit more what you are confused about with it? Is it the different phases? What to do in each phase?

As far as HIIT, usually you can do that in the mornings, and get your workouts in at your normal time. Or if your normal time is morning, then do HIIT in the evenings or afternoon.

Basically, just do it at another time.

hth :)
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

You know, it is generally easier to train if you don't stand so close to the wall! Just saying!

J/K, couldn't resist! :lol: :shock:

Steve
JML2011

Post by JML2011 »

You mean the mirror? :P
TriPhosphate

Post by TriPhosphate »

JML2011 wrote:Could you explain a little bit more what you are confused about with it? Is it the different phases? What to do in each phase?

As far as HIIT, usually you can do that in the mornings, and get your workouts in at your normal time. Or if your normal time is morning, then do HIIT in the evenings or afternoon.

Basically, just do it at another time.

hth :)
Essentially don't get the different phases and what workouts you're supposed to do. I found the book to be kind of scattered in organizations so that's my confusion.
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

There are a lots of stickies on this forum for each phase covering diet and training.

check out:

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... .php?t=730
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Check your PM's TriPhosphate...

You'll find my cell phone # there. I might be down but I for damned sure ain't out. You WILL succeed with The Blueprint or my name isn't Mixelflick! Well, it isn't (or is) depending upon who I am today... but one of The 3 Faces of Fear(tm) will be on the other end to help.

You invested in me/us so please, use it... :)
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

I'd be very interested to see what you figure out for him.... Daily training + always in deficit is how I used to roll. Would do it again too...
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

beefcake66 wrote:I'd be very interested to see what you figure out for him.... Daily training + always in deficit is how I used to roll. Would do it again too...
its what I've been doing for the past several months
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

TriPhos,

re: "competitve natural bodybuilder "

If you already know how to train, then you can 'design' your own workouts for the phases using the following principles...
1 For famine - Follow principles in the book (if that schedule is not 'enough', PM Rob (or me but i might be slower to get back to you) )
2 for Feast - design HEAVY, less rep schedules. Include the stretching (... and give 'rest' a trial 8) ) First cycle, maybe just do any of the "full body" stuff only once a week
3 For Cruise - basically do what you're doing now and evolve the stage for yourself from there

hth

BrainSquirt
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

This is just my/our opinion (that being the 3Faces of Fear(tm)) but based upon what I'm reading here... I'd suggest completing your cutting phase and THEN commencing Blueprint.

Just our $0.02. Offer still stands. I'm ready and willing to speak with you to answer any questions. If you need my cell phone # again, by all means just let me know.

Take care!

3Faces of Fear(tm) :)
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

Big.jazayrli wrote:
beefcake66 wrote:I'd be very interested to see what you figure out for him.... Daily training + always in deficit is how I used to roll. Would do it again too...
its what I've been doing for the past several months
You've been cutting weight...??
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

He's doing so many things, he makes the 3Faces of Fear(tm) look like they're standing idle..

:)
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

beefcake66 wrote:
You've been cutting weight...??
always cutting weight lol

first bulk EVER will be after my bb show in september

be ready for a 550squat/380+bench/600+ deadlift. its coming!