Getting some Hydrolyzed Whey

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
sammm

Getting some Hydrolyzed Whey

Post by sammm »

I'm getting some Hydrolyzed whey for the formula.

Question is:

1. Is MASS PRO WHEY = Hydrolyzed Whey? Or is it just cold pressed whey? If so how many percent hydrolyzed whey in it? The website does not state.

2. If ordering from TrueProtein, what is a good custom mix combo?

Or i should just get ON hydrowhey from my local store.

Thanks!
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

MassPro does have some hydro whey in it, if you want fully hydrolyzed whey you can certainly go with trueprotein, and there are some online pages that suggest how to optimize it, but personally I've found that once you factor in shipping it's just as economical to get ON hydrowhey from your online (or local) retailer of choice.
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

I do have some Dymatize Iso-100, which is 100% hydrolysed whey isolate and I don't like it at all. I bought it because I had a great bargain and I wanted to try pure hydrolysed. Let's day it's a big deception. It taste too sweet and recovery isn't better with or without it.

I prefer MASS pro whey, hemp protein or veganique over ISO-100.
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

I'm probably going to order 2lbs of straight up hydrolyzed whey from trueprotein... it'd cost just over $20 before shipping.
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

It'll probably taste like crap if you do that... if you google:
true protein progenix
you'll find a good mix that should taste okay and will be high quality -- perfect for use with "the formula".
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

lol.... i googled it and the first result was that post you made :p

second one seems to be a better result :p

thanks for the tip.

I'm just going to build my own mix. They have two types of hydrolyzed whey; one is bitter (but better?) and the other is cheaper. I used that for 50%, added in the fructose and some extra Leucine (instead of all BCAAs). Then i used non-dairy proteins for the rest in hopes of making it not kill my stomach. protease enzyme complex as well. I've become extremely sensitive and I don't want to get bloated and in pain everytime I drink my shake...
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Or you could flavor it yourself with some sugar free jello
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

beefcake66 wrote:lol.... i googled it and the first result was that post you made :p

second one seems to be a better result :p

thanks for the tip.

I'm just going to build my own mix. They have two types of hydrolyzed whey; one is bitter (but better?) and the other is cheaper. I used that for 50%, added in the fructose and some extra Leucine (instead of all BCAAs). Then i used non-dairy proteins for the rest in hopes of making it not kill my stomach. protease enzyme complex as well. I've become extremely sensitive and I don't want to get bloated and in pain everytime I drink my shake...
I can't say this is the reason, but Leucine has a distinctive and BITTER taste. It is also hydrophobic so, in an ISOLATE that hasn't been modified, it tends to float to the top as a white powder.

Steve
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

Yea I know BCAA's suck at dissolving... played with them a fair bit.

In the descriptions of their products, they have a big warning in the Hydrolyzed Whey High Grade, saying it is extremely bitter tasting; and with a little searching through the forums/site there it seems all Hydrolyzed proteins have the same issue.

So.. I think I'm just going to take a leap of faith and order a few different flavors and see what happens...
sammm

Post by sammm »

update: i bought a tub of ultimate nutrition iso sensation, supposely its cold filtered whey with colostrum and 4-hydro and some other stuffs..
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

There IS merit to a hydrolyzed whey IMO BUT, please consider the following:

One example.. when you hydrolyze a protein you destroy ALL growth
factors. That's just one (of many). You do gain in other areas with a 100% hydrolyzed.

Final call: Try BOTH to see which work best for you!

EDIT: When Dr. Connelly gets here, we're all going to get taken to school on this, amongst other topics... :)
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

beefcake66 wrote:Yea I know BCAA's suck at dissolving... played with them a fair bit.

In the descriptions of their products, they have a big warning in the Hydrolyzed Whey High Grade, saying it is extremely bitter tasting; and with a little searching through the forums/site there it seems all Hydrolyzed proteins have the same issue.

So.. I think I'm just going to take a leap of faith and order a few different flavors and see what happens...
Actually, as I recall, the OTHERS dissolve ok. I even have two products that have BCAAs, and claim they treated the LEUCINE to make it stay in the mix. Of course, I should add that things like oil which itself can have an emulsifier, CAN hold on to leucine. I don't know how isopure does it, but that fact about the oil, etc... explains how bcaas have the problem, and proteins don't.

Steve
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

BTW given on all that I have read, it may be best to have only say 30% of a protein as hydrolyzed. And it is probably most important in the morning. It is FAR easier to digest, and that is great. Supposedly, it only lasts like a couple hours. So regular proteins, and casein, should be taken for the rest. Supposedly Micelle casein is the BEST, partially because of the growth factors Rob spoke of,

Steve
coontentment

whey or casein?

Post by coontentment »

RobRegish wrote:There IS merit to a hydrolyzed whey IMO BUT, please consider the following:

One example.. when you hydrolyze a protein you destroy ALL growth
factors. That's just one (of many). You do gain in other areas with a 100% hydrolyzed.

Final call: Try BOTH to see which work best for you!

EDIT: When Dr. Connelly gets here, we're all going to get taken to school on this, amongst other topics... :)
is there much difference between hydrolysed whey and hydrolysed casein? i remember one earlier bp link i was given referred me to hydrolysed casein.