Joint Support

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
doolee

Joint Support

Post by doolee »

Done a lot of comparison on products, and I'm down to two:
Animal Flex-
pros: very economical. 20 dollars for a month and a half.
generous dosings
Osteosport-
pros: Has Cissus which has great reviews. similar ingredients to animal flex
cons: A bit more pricey at 30 dollars per month
Although the cissus is included, I believe (judging from the prop blend) that the glucosamine, msm, and chondroitin are severely under-dosed IN COMPARISON to animal flex. I'm unaware of the proper dosing.

My third option was straight bulk cissus, but the capsules would compare to the price of osteo-sport. The powder would compare to the price of animal flex, but... I've heard terrible things about the taste.

Suggestions?
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

bulk low % cissus + animal flex = unbeatable
doolee

Post by doolee »

Any advice on taking the stuff? I have a decent tolerance to bad tasting supplements, but I've heard Cissus is pretty bad.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Uni has always been more or less considered a joke in regards to quality and potency inside the industry.

Just sayin'...
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

askmass wrote:Uni has always been more or less considered a joke in regards to quality and potency inside the industry.

Just sayin'...
The combo of cissius and animal flex works for me as well..could be they got that one right
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

doolee wrote:Any advice on taking the stuff? I have a decent tolerance to bad tasting supplements, but I've heard Cissus is pretty bad.
its not the worst thing ever, think bitter tea mixed with urine and molasses
ckeahey76

Post by ckeahey76 »

its not the worst thing ever, think bitter tea mixed with urine and molasses

mmmmmmmmmmm now that sounds like some tea Grandma use to make. :lol:
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

askmass wrote:Uni has always been more or less considered a joke in regards to quality and potency inside the industry.

Just sayin'...
Compared with others I dont think so.Good?No but not utter shite either.
doolee

Post by doolee »

Not a big fan as a lot of their formulas seem ineffective/wasteful. Flex doesn't look that bad though. Not sure about the potency/qualtity of the ingredients, but the doses are generous considering the price. Ended up going with animal flex, and a 1 week trial of osteosport (cissus seems to be the only properly dosed ingredient in the formula) so hopefully I can compare whether I like flex or a cissus-based product.
vangkm007

Post by vangkm007 »

I use Super Cissus and my multi (Orange Triad) has joint support (glucosamine)...definitely notice much less tendonitis since I've taken these two regularly for the past year or so. In fact I almost have no tendonitis whatsoever anymore when I used to get it regularly on days where I go heavy on bench and any tricep related lifts.

I don't believe Super Cissus is much more expensive than bulk if you take the time to look for deals before purchasing. Coupons and deals always crop up before I run out so I just stock up a little bit.

I've taken bulk before too and I actually don't mind the taste, I've had much worse tasting supplements before.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

DaCookie wrote:Compared with others I dont think so.Good?No but not utter shite either.
I'm always hesitant to slam other products, but sometimes I just can't remain silent.

Take Animal Pack as an example. Total joke product made of the absolute cheapest ingredients known to man, which are heated up and baked with a glue like compound into these supposed legendary anabolic super vitamin tablets.

Yeah, sure. I really believe all that hype, knowing what I know.

I'll stick to my Multi-Life which was originated for post-opt surgery patients with active, organic food source ingredients in correct ratios with intact co-enzymes for real, proven absorbency, thank you.

Uni have historically been known in the business as the go-to "cheapest tabs you can have made anywhere" production line and supply dozens of bottom-of-the-rung brands.

Their cheap, glow-orange Canthaxanthin is so bad it gives the entire category a bad name when people try it first.

THE PITS.

Only Weider's stuff was worse and further off the mark when tested.

But, what would I know about any of this?

:)
vangkm007

Post by vangkm007 »

askmass wrote:
DaCookie wrote:Compared with others I dont think so.Good?No but not utter shite either.
I'm always hesitant to slam other products, but sometimes I just can't remain silent.

Take Animal Pack as an example. Total joke product made of the absolute cheapest ingredients known to man, which are heated up and baked with a glue like compound into these supposed legendary anabolic super vitamin tablets.

I'll stick to my Multi-Life which was originated for post-opt surgery patients with active, organic food source ingredients in correct ratios with intact co-enzymes for real, proven absorbency, thank you.

Uni have historically been known in the business as the go-to "cheapest tabs you can have made anywhere" production line and supply dozens of bottom-of-the-rung brands.

Their cheap, glow-orange Canthaxanthin is so bad it gives the entire category a bad name when people try it first.

THE PITS.

I'd believe it about Animal Pak, I remember trying out the Uni multi when I was still on the fence about a multi. All it managed to do for me was almost make me puke consistently (thumb sized pills), gave me the most horrible worst smelling gas of my life and turned my urine a neon orange.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

askmass wrote:

THE PITS.

Yes well of course your going to get that with a product like animal pack, thats definitely one of the bigger joke products in the industry.Some of their stuff is mediocre though.I would take them over ALRI, Gaspari, AAEFX, BSN, scum like this...but would still probably never take a product of theirs.
doolee

Post by doolee »

Ya was not a fan of any animal product I've tried so far. This is probably the last product I'm willing to try from them, and only due to price point. Any suggestions for future consideration regarding joint support, askmass? AAEFX.... /sigh.