Blueprint and X-factor

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
Scaramussa

Blueprint and X-factor

Post by Scaramussa »

I saw some people using the blueprint (training and diet) protocol with the X-factor instead of adaptogens and I did not see much sense in it. Is there any reason to use blueprint protocol using x-factor, instead of using a specific protocol and diet for this supplement?
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

The Blueprint can be run with no supplements, some supplements or all supplements

Meaning

Its not about the supplements, it is about the training and diet.

Some supps have been shown to accelerate gains and make recovery a bit quicker.
Scaramussa

Post by Scaramussa »

What's the point in Famine without Adaptogen? You can run the loading patterns of BP 2.0 without adaptogens, but they're not as effective as other training and diets.
thepaul7

Post by thepaul7 »

I would disagree to some extent. I have run two BP runs without adaptogens and there is still great benefit in running the famine/feast/cruise protocol.

These are solid loading patterns with a unique approach. I wouldn't use any supplements other than creatine and protein during my first run . This will be of value to you because you can work out all the kinks and questions during this dry run. You should still see great gains and then put supplements to better use when you are ready to go again.

I will leave the science of famine to someone who is more capable.

Anecdotally the famine phase allowed me to keep leaner while gorging myself on a bulk.
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Scaramussa wrote:What's the point in Famine without Adaptogen? You can run the loading patterns of BP 2.0 without adaptogens, but they're not as effective as other training and diets.
I dont see anything that suggests you run and adaptagens during phase one?

The entire point of the program is to force your body into its own ADAPTAGENIC state. Supplementation while beneficial are not necessary.

Slow down and reread the book, promise it will only help
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Just so we're clear...

I'm a minimalist w/respect to supps during Famine. That means a multi, fish oil and perhaps a greens product. Reason for the season there. It's supposed to be an exercise in cleansing/de-tox (properly performed).

On supps in general, this is on page one for a reason. It's staying there too:

"Let's be up front about this; The Blueprint protocol is what is at the forefront here, not the supplements.

If you do choose to use adaptive supplements, this protocol will maximize their impact and accelerate your results".

I don't like wasting time or money. Don't want to see that happen to you, either..
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

I think he probably (hopefully) meant was that he didn't see the advantage to using X-factor as opposed to adaptogens in order to reap the most benefits from the famine phase...

If so I would have to agree. Mind you I've never used X-factor, but from what I've read on it, it wouldn't take the place of an adaptogen.