Last questions before BP

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
HITsoldier

Last questions before BP

Post by HITsoldier »

Why are pullovers put in after benching? They are a lat exercise, wouldn't doing flies be superior and give a better stretch?

Do EDT exercises have to be antagonist muscle groups? I know definitely not the same muscle.. but I'm hardcore HITer and don't like to bench, and then do more benching in my EDT. I'd still like to train my back in the EDT blocks, so would doing something like Bent over rows and then Shoulder press be out of the question? Whats something that will work, or is there any links with different exercise combos?

And why do EDT's change from the first 5 workouts... to the GLP ?? Do they have to change?
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Rob address why we do pullovers in the BP manual. PG 36

They hammer triceps like crazy
RyannayR

Post by RyannayR »

1. Stretch movements immediately following pressing movements activate the PI3K-AKT pathway and get you bigger especially if your using an adaptogen. Also, loaded stretching increases your density overload. Doing flys would probably take away from your benching strength and you don't want that at all.

2. Bent over rows matched up with shoulder presses will work great. I used pull-ups matched with inclines presses and had success. There are a few antagonistic muscle groups listed in the Blueprint under the EDT section. For upper body shoulders and back will work as will bi's and tri's. For lower body most people do hamstrings matched with quads. Like leg presses with feet high on the platform paired with dead lifts. I used Romanian dead lifts paired with regular dead lifts.

3. EDT blocks don't have to change but some people like to change them up to keep things fresh.
HITsoldier

Post by HITsoldier »

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, I have nothing more to say!! haha

thanks mates! :D