OFF TOPIC, ROB OK?

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
MrsMix

Oh and

Post by MrsMix »

Rob's computer is indeed pretty much toast!
jm1080

Post by jm1080 »

Yep, I cant get a hold of him either, left him voicemail, and pm. I'm writing a word file summarizing everything for him for those that want a clear to the point step by step bp. Hope everything is ok, still haven't heard nothing.

Also anyone that knows the formula please pm me, he emailed me the formula, but it is confusing as to where to get the stuff. Hopefully you guys know what I'm talking about, if not, nevermind then :)
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

He might have slipped in the snow cause I remember he was complaining about that with me.
LIFT2beHUGE

Re: Hi LIFT2beHUGE

Post by LIFT2beHUGE »

MrsMix wrote:I posted a message about Rob in Dino's lounge... please read it. I'm so sorry and we will try to work something out for you. Next time you call, please give me some info :)
Thank you for the reply, I just read the post and posted a comment to that. Just know my prayers are with you and yours. The last thing I want to do is bother either one of you while Rob is in the hospital. I can "wing" it for now, until he gets back. Thank you for the offer. Is there an update on how serious his hospitalization is?
LIFT2beHUGE

Post by LIFT2beHUGE »

For the others in this thread - I am about to start my first GLP run. I know it is geared toward a bench increase, but do any of you apply this to your squat and dead lift? Do you perform these exercises on the same day? For instance, do you lift 6 sets of bench, then 6 sets of squat, and end with 6 sets of dead lift? I am just needing guidance and exactly what these workouts look like and what body parts are supposed to be "focused" on and specific lifts geared towards them. I also need to incorporate pull-ups if possible (for my comp) Thanks ahead of time!
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

LIFT2beHUGE wrote:For the others in this thread - I am about to start my first GLP run. I know it is geared toward a bench increase, but do any of you apply this to your squat and dead lift? Do you perform these exercises on the same day? For instance, do you lift 6 sets of bench, then 6 sets of squat, and end with 6 sets of dead lift? I am just needing guidance and exactly what these workouts look like and what body parts are supposed to be "focused" on and specific lifts geared towards them. I also need to incorporate pull-ups if possible (for my comp) Thanks ahead of time!
GLP is good for squat and bench

if you're gonna do it for squats, no need to do it for deadlifts as your deadlift will increase alongside for squat

try to alternate days

day 1 - glp bench
day 2 - glp squats
day 3 off
day 4 - repeat
Street-dreams

Post by Street-dreams »

pick either squat or deadlifts and do them with bench. Ive been doing deadlifts focused and hack squats for an edt block. you could alternately do squat focus with deadlift edt.
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

Street-dreams wrote:pick either squat or deadlifts and do them with bench. Ive been doing deadlifts focused and hack squats for an edt block. you could alternately do squat focus with deadlift edt.
I've always had great success with squats and SLDL

or squats and partial deadlifts from top of the ROM down to below the knees
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

LIFT2beHUGE wrote:For the others in this thread - I am about to start my first GLP run. I know it is geared toward a bench increase, but do any of you apply this to your squat and dead lift? Do you perform these exercises on the same day? For instance, do you lift 6 sets of bench, then 6 sets of squat, and end with 6 sets of dead lift? I am just needing guidance and exactly what these workouts look like and what body parts are supposed to be "focused" on and specific lifts geared towards them. I also need to incorporate pull-ups if possible (for my comp) Thanks ahead of time!
I was wondering these same things so thanks for the responses guys.

so if I were to do Squat as my GLP, for the edt I could do partial deads and something else (SLDL? suggestions?)
Street-dreams

Post by Street-dreams »

SLDL or Romanian DL would be good for edt

im currently doing Romanian DL and hack squats in an edt
LIFT2beHUGE

Post by LIFT2beHUGE »

Ok, good deal. After reading through a ton of stickies, and re-reading the BP a couple of times - I want to make sure I am putting this together correctly. LMK what you guys think about my "proposed" lifts and sets.

GLP
day 1: Bench Press 6 sets (no supersetting DB stretches)
EDT- Pull-ups w/ Dips
optional addition EDT- DB curls w/ side DB raises (delts)

day 2: Squat 6 sets (no supersetting ham stretches)
EDT- SLDL or RDL w/ Leg press or ext.
abs static hold

What do you guys think? Suggestions, or comments welcome. LMK what you would change, if anything, and why.
MrsMix

Re: Hi LIFT2beHUGE

Post by MrsMix »

LIFT2beHUGE wrote:
MrsMix wrote:I posted a message about Rob in Dino's lounge... please read it. I'm so sorry and we will try to work something out for you. Next time you call, please give me some info :)
Thank you for the reply, I just read the post and posted a comment to that. Just know my prayers are with you and yours. The last thing I want to do is bother either one of you while Rob is in the hospital. I can "wing" it for now, until he gets back. Thank you for the offer. Is there an update on how serious his hospitalization is?
Please do post your training question under a new topic - there are many Blueprint veterans patrolling the boards that will be able to help in Rob's absence. Thanks so much for your understanding! Rob is much better today and hopefully will be back here very soon!