Multistix Guide for BP

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
bompus

Multistix Guide for BP

Post by bompus »

How about a guide for using/reading the Multistix (10SG)..

What all should we be checking, what are normal values, what are we looking for in each phase, etc.. The BP book hints at it, but does not give any real specifics on how to use these for beginners. I did (via google) find a guide from UCSF's pathology lab (poct-MultistixUristix.pdf) that may help, but I really would like to know what I am looking for now that the multistix and specimen cups are on their way (do we even need to use specimen cups at all, if so, sterile or non-sterile.. ?).

On a side note, I found a good deal on a generic 10SG stick at amazon.. Just search for Rapid Response 10 Parameter (10SG) and you will find it.

Looking forward to seeing a guide/answers here soon!
RobRegish

Re: Multistix Guide for BP

Post by RobRegish »

bompus wrote:How about a guide for using/reading the Multistix (10SG)..

A. Working on it :)

What all should we be checking, what are normal values, what are we looking for in each phase, etc.. The BP book hints at it, but does not give any real specifics on how to use these for beginners. I did (via google) find a guide from UCSF's pathology lab (poct-MultistixUristix.pdf) that may help, but I really would like to know what I am looking for now that the multistix and specimen cups are on their way (do we even need to use specimen cups at all, if so, sterile or non-sterile.. ?).

A. No specimen cups necessary. You're simply looking for 100+ on the protein excretion during Famine (not always but certainly after the workouts) and negative to trace during Feast/Cruise.

On a side note, I found a good deal on a generic 10SG stick at amazon.. Just search for Rapid Response 10 Parameter (10SG) and you will find it.

Looking forward to seeing a guide/answers here soon!
A. Great find!! Thanks for contributing.

So happy you're here...:)
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Here is a link

https://preview.tinyurl.com/4bhtdtp

have you used these?
bompus

Post by bompus »

I've only used 1 (from the link) so far but it seemed to work just fine.