2nd famine workout

Bench press 195x10, 10, 6, 5
superset with
Dumbbell shoulder press 45x10, 6, 3, 3

This got intense pretty fast. Triceps where busted after this already

Decline close grip barbell press 165x12
Skull cruch 85x10
Lying triceps extensions 45x9
Cable press down 150x6 (double pulley so 75lbs)

Do I need to tell you what set was easy and which one was hard? :)

A. No, everything looks great!

Total training with warmup took 29 minutes

Weight after workout was 241.5, so -0.5 from last friday (taken with a different scale) or -1.5 from monday (same scale).

Diet macros for today:

1762 calories
Fats: 16g (9%)
Proteins: 42g (10%)
Carbs: 393g (81%)

Carbs composition:
Sugar: 150g (38%)
Fiber: 42g (11%)
Complex: 201g (51%)

I skipt the last banana because it just won't go down and the last cup of milk to keep protein total low.

I really start to feel the appetite at lunch time. Co-workers meals where smelling intensely good! I also notice some DOMS from monday workout in the morning. I when for a walk with the dog between workout and dinner and after that, calf felt tight.

Here is a detail famine diet log for today:

Breakfast: 1 cup of pink grapefruit juice, 1 banana, 1 apple, 1 multi-life
Morning snack: 1 cup raspberry, 1 cup carrots, 1 coffee
Lunch: salad leaves with olive oil and white balsamic vinegar, 1 cucumber, 200g potatoes, 1 nectarine, 1 cup carots
Afternoon snack: 5 celery strips, 1 banana, 2 kiwis
Post workout: 1 banana, 1 cup of green tea
Dinner: 360g potatoes, 1 banana
Before write this post: 1 banana, 1 cup of non-fat milk

Sorry Rob. I can't fellow your diet plan to the letter but I think it's a fair try, isn't it?
A. Damn straight it is!

Thanks for doing it justice man.. :)
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

Famine day 4 - January 13 2011

Rest heart rate this morning was 63 BPM (+5 from last week)

Triceps are already hurting from yesterday workout.

Woke up this morning hungry as hell. Look at my banana and didn't feel hunger that much... it's been 1 hour since my breakfast and I am already super hungry! This famine is starting to get loooooooooong.

I have been invited to a dinner with friends Friday night. An all you can eat chinese fondue. Tell my buddy that we will be there but only my girl will eat :cry: or maybe I could start re-feeding after famine workout #3 :roll:

Anyway, I will go for a 40 minutes LISS after work because I still feel I have great energy and mood.
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

I finally did 10 minutes of bike and 20 minutes of eliptic for an approx 300 calories burn. Weight after cardio was 239.5 lbs so -2.5 from last friday but -3.5 from monday.

I do believe i need to perform the 3rd famine workout and that doesn't bother me at all.

Can i start re-feeding after the workout or should i wait for Saturday morning?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Your call on workout #3. I respect that...

Given you're going to do that (and your own personal situation) I'm going to deviate slightly and say YES to the re-feed immediately afterwards.. :)
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

This morning rest heart rate was 70!!! +11.75 from last week average. Complete update later this morning.
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

bigpelo wrote:This morning rest heart rate was 70!!! +11.75 from last week average. Complete update later this morning.
Holy crap good jump.
Still doing the workout too??

I am intrigued by custom program... lets see how it works for you before I decide to invest in a program :p
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

Ok... Let me first state that I have been a bad boy yesterday. (more on that later)

Famine day 4 - January 13 2011

Diet

Calories: 1984

Proteins: 34g (8%)
Fat (8%)
Carbs (84%)

Fibers (13%)
Sugar (43%)
Complex (46%)

My friend who was unemployed since november call me at 7pm to tell me that we add a job interview Monday and that they call him back Wednesday. The new is he should get the job pretty soon. So wanted me to go celebrate with him and I did with some other friends of us. I had three beer :oops: Feels like I had 12 though... That may explain my super high rest heart rate this morning.

On a good note. I notice this morning it took me 12 minutes to cut my veges and pack my lunch box. Monday took 20 minutes for the same thing. [open.sarcasm] Soooooo bad this famine is coming to an end! [/sarcasm] I was getting good at this.

Can't wait to eat meat tonight!

Workout motivation song of the day: Divine Heresy - Letter to mother (despite the name, this song is some good metal!)
kswimbledon

Post by kswimbledon »

Awesome famine. Bet you can't wait to destroy that Chinese restaurant tonight!
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

Well it's not a restaurant but a friend house. Chinese fondue all you can eat!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Your assignment: Eat so much food that the loss prevention flag is raised.

That is to say, I'm calling for a minimum 1 year "banned" status from that establishment.

Ideally a lifetime ban but 1 year, no less.

Great work :)
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

Famine day 5 - January 14 2011

Workout #3 was very intense despite the light weight I used. Did all 5 sets of 15 on squat/dumbbell row but only managed to do 4 sets on cable row/pulldown and 4 sets on biceps. I am shy writting the amount of weight...

Got back home and satisfied myself with a shake of the fellowing: 1 scoop mass pro whey berries and cream, 2.5 scoops of mass pro amino, 1 scoop 40g of waxy maize. I had to stop myself not down the drink in one sip. 1 hour after that, I felt energized as hell!

So when at my friend place and I eat like 500g of steak with potatoes, veges, ceasar salad, two glass of red wine. When to bed at midnight.

I slept for 9 hours straight. Got up to make a 1000 calories breakfast. took my first serving of alkaplex green+ and ecdysten with a multi life and 2 gels of fish oil.

3 hours later I had a lunch with my first serving of kre-anabolyn and again 1 gel of fish oil, 1 multi life and 1 cap alkaplex green+

Tonight I will go at my sister place for dinner. We will have a "raclette grill" meal with lots of meat. This feast is beginning well! Then it will be Adaptagen N and sleep.

Will report macros tomorrow.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

FANTASTIC work making it through man.

And that MASS laced shake does really deliver the goods. It's a little Formula in it's own right.

Tested it on the glucometer too. Makes a BIG difference vs. generic BCAA's, etc..
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

Ok here's an update of feast day 1 and 2

Feast day 1 - January 15 2011

Goal:

3600 calories
270g proteins (30%)
360g carbs (40%)
120g fats (30%)

Achieved:

3314 calories
220g proteins (27%)
313g carbs (35%)
138g fats (38%)

Carbs composition:

198g complex (63%)
86g sugar (27%)
29g fibers (9%)

Needed some adjustment to be on target (too much fat, not enough fibers protein and carbs total). Muscles began feeling full already.

Feast day 2 - January 16 2011

Goal: same as above

Achieved:

3366 calories
268g proteins (33%)
361g carbs (39%)
101g fats (28%)

Carbs composition

202g complex (56%)
111g sugar (31%)
48g fiber (13%)

Much better diet day but still not exactly on target. Butt and hamstring muscles are still sore from Friday 3rd famine workout. Muscles feels pump though. Kre-Anabolyn and/or ecdysten doing there thing already?

Feast day 3 - January 17 2011

Completely psycht this morning! Second dose of Adaptagen N before going to bed yesterday and I had the best night sleep since a long time. 8 straight hours of deep relaxing sleep. Only 2 caps :shock: Can't wait for tomorrow 1st feast bridge workout. Everything is in place I keep an eye on my diet trying to get it to where it should be. My diet is really as clean as possible as I try to avoid process foods and restaurants as much as possible. The only exceptions are bread, bagel, cereals and cheese everyday and some sausages I had Saturday for dinner.

Muscles are not sore anymore.

I will report today's macros later on.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Fantastic!!!

Yes, that's Adaptogen N and the Ecdy doin' there thing baby... :)