Elephino's first BP run.

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
elephino

Post by elephino »

Hey Rob,

I'm going out of town for the holidays, Thursday - Monday. Should I worry about getting a workout in while I'm gone (I think it will be possible at my dad's gym), or should I just take a week off before starting GLP#1?

Needless to say, I will continue to feast over the holiday :)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

If you can get a workout in WITH A SPOTTER then yes, do it!

Otherwise, no worries on taking the week...
elephino

Post by elephino »

Well, I ended up with a week off. In a non-workout related incident, I tweaked the heck out of my shoulder and arm. It feels like nerve pain that starts under my scapula and extends down to my fingertips. My right arm is extremely weak -- like I'm having trouble opening a sliding glass door week - although there are no apparent injuries.

It's not getting better on its own, so I'm going to the chiropractor this morning for the first time ever.

Question: If everything feels good after the chiro, how long should I wait before hopping back into the gym? Does the work they do need time to cement, or is it pop, crack, good to go?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

elephino wrote:Well, I ended up with a week off. In a non-workout related incident, I tweaked the heck out of my shoulder and arm. It feels like nerve pain that starts under my scapula and extends down to my fingertips. My right arm is extremely weak -- like I'm having trouble opening a sliding glass door week - although there are no apparent injuries.

It's not getting better on its own, so I'm going to the chiropractor this morning for the first time ever.

Question: If everything feels good after the chiro, how long should I wait before hopping back into the gym? Does the work they do need time to cement, or is it pop, crack, good to go?
Your chiro can guide you here. Best to allow him the professional courtesy, then bounce that off me if you'd like to..

Here to help...
elephino

Post by elephino »

Had a small accident over the holiday break. Couldn't get in a full workout without pain, but did get in my first GLP phase and one abbreviated EDT block.

Bench (1RM: 225), each set with 8 DB pullovers @ 50 lbs between.

115x10
125x8
135x8
150x8
165x8
175x5 -- could have gotten a couple more, but this is where my arms started hurting.

EDT #1: Took it light, just to do something.

Preacher Curls: 60x6, 55x7,10,8,7
Skulls: 60x6,6,6,6,5

EDT #2: Aborted.

Incline DB
Cable Row
elephino

Post by elephino »

I'm sad to say my BP run has come to an end after GLP workout #4. I was dumb and broke my wrist last night punching some dude at a bar. It's a shame, as I was making really good progress. Oh well, a week off, then maybe a modified run with legs and abs while the bum wing heals up.

If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Wow, that's too bad. Well, reason for everything. Look at it that way. I'm sure he deserved it!!
elephino

Post by elephino »

Yeah, at least i have some time to focus on my calves. :D
elephino

Post by elephino »

Bummed to be out of the first run. However, I was happy with the progress. I only made it the first four workouts of GLP before breaking my wrist.

Starting stats: 172 lbs, bench: 205, squat: 245
Ending stats: 174 lbs, bench 225, squat 265
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Once you heal up man we'll put together a plan.

In fact, injuries were some of the best things to ever happen to me. That hip belt I'm so fond of? That's how I came upon it, the reverse hyper-extension etc...

Solutions to everything man. I'll help you find them :)
elephino

Post by elephino »

Thanks, dude.

Doc said 8-10 weeks in a hard cast for a scaphoid fracture and associated ligament damage. I told him that wasn't gonna work for me... I raced motorcycles and my throttle hand had to be in shape by the spring.

He said, "Oh, in that case, here's a removable splint and a referral to a physical therapist. You can start next week, and they'll get you back in shape in no time at all."

Just goes to show you that 90% of medicine is doctors covering their ass, and if you ask the right way, you can always get accelerated treatment :)

Here's what it looked like when the splint came off. Gross :/

I blame the blueprint for giving me too many strengths - without you guys I could have never punched my own arm off. In better news, it turns out that the other dude has a couple broken ribs he gets to nurse.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

"That really doesn't work for me.."

EVERYONE take note:

This is EXACTLY the line you need to deliver in like situations...