Thoughts on GABA + Alpha GPC Preworkout?

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
bompus

Thoughts on GABA + Alpha GPC Preworkout?

Post by bompus »

I've seen a few people (and a few preworkout formulas) that include GABA and/or Alpha GPC and was just wondering if anyone here has experience with it or any thoughts on it, and if either would conflict with any of the other supplements mentioned in BP?
seasoned

Re: Thoughts on GABA + Alpha GPC Preworkout?

Post by seasoned »

bompus wrote:I've seen a few people (and a few preworkout formulas) that include GABA and/or Alpha GPC and was just wondering if anyone here has experience with it or any thoughts on it, and if either
would conflict with any of the other supplements mentioned in BP?
Alpha GPC can improve mental function AND work with GABA to increase Growth hormone. It turns out that HGH can ALSO increase LH which, in males, can increase testosterone.

Steve
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

You're about to learn a WHOLE lot more about it and how to employ it via your customized program you just invested in. Here's a sampling on GABA:

SUPPLEMENT TIP: GAMMA GH/GABA

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/prohormone.html

If interested in boosting growth hormone even further (naturally), I offer the following as a suggestion given there is new data emerging on such. Note that GH release peaks during the first 90 minutes of deep sleep, so that's your starting point and window within which everyone should take advantage. Note also that going to bed on a belly full of carbs blunts this GH release! Back on point... with respect to GABA:

There is new research pointing to beneficial effects of consuming GABA pre-training. If willing to entertain, I'd suggest 3g prior to the workout on an empty a stomach as possible. Reason: recently a study demonstrated it quadruples GH output of the training session:
480% in fact!

https://www.ergo-log.com/gabagh.html

Ideal during Feast/Cruise and quite economical at that. NOTE: Start with a LOW dose on an EMPTY stomach. GABA can impart a flushing effect if you're not familiar with it. Start with 1g and work your way up to 3g about 30 min prior to the workout. If using a pre-workout thermogenic or coffee, ideal to take it alongside as GABA can cause drownsiness/relaxation in some. The empty stomach part is important b/c if consumed alongside protein, the other aminos inherent therein will compete with GABA (and win), washing out its ability to cross the blood/brain barrier.

There is even research supporting a 550% increase in GH when taken prior to bed. In one study conducted by Italy's First Medical Clinic, University of Milan - a 5 gram oral dose was shown to increase Human Growth Hormone (HGH) by 550% within 90 minutes. Consider dosing prior to workouts, away from food during the day and before bedtime if you haven't eaten in a few hours.

In fact, I keep a bottle of Gamma GH by my bathroom sink. If I get up at night to use the bathroom, 5g of GammaGH goes down the hatch for another GH spike. It also gives helps me fall back to sleep easier. So... multiple opportunities to boost GH if so inclined.

If interested in another GH boosting amino that's economical yet doesn't cause drowsiness, please consider the following:

Glycine

Do these multiple transient increases in GH lead to more muscle/less fat over time? That hasn't been studied or proven yet. However, I do feel strongly that it does and eagerly await that to be born out. One thing you can feel in short order; recovery from exercise certainly improves. There is, I feel... great benefit to the tendons, skin and other organs given the opportunity to boost GH at various times throughout the day.

Given it's pricepoint to potential benefit ratio, I hope you can see why it may be worthwhile.
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

I forget where I saw it, I BELIEVE it was the 4hour body, but a publication suggested 2GR prior to the workout, and 2GR after. Of course, if you don't eat within about 3 hours of sleeping, and take GABA just before it, it SHOULD increase GH AND, assuming one is male and it isn't really at its peak, testosterone.

Steve
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Someone please send me this book.

It sounds like someone read The BP :)