Jesse's 1st BP Run!

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
Jacos5

Post by Jacos5 »

Thanks as always Rob.
I remember you mentioning that you were on the warrior diet, was I mistaken? If so, I was wondering. Do you count calories or do you jsut follow it by the book and it till you're full?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I just follow it intuitively (not really counting calories) and still running it on off days. I do eat a "live" salad first, then my meats/veggies and a dessert if I feel like it. LOVING the freedom it brings!

Also LOVING the fact I can spike GH levels with GammaGH every 2 hours :) It seems to really potentiate the workout day overfeeding via it's ability to improve nutrient uptake. On the flip side, the fat loss is magnified when I'm on it coming off of the overfeeding/workout days.

WIN-WIN!!
Jacos5

Post by Jacos5 »

RobRegish wrote:I just follow it intuitively (not really counting calories) and still running it on off days. I do eat a "live" salad first, then my meats/veggies and a dessert if I feel like it. LOVING the freedom it brings!

Also LOVING the fact I can spike GH levels with GammaGH every 2 hours :) It seems to really potentiate the workout day overfeeding via it's ability to improve nutrient uptake. On the flip side, the fat loss is magnified when I'm on it coming off of the overfeeding/workout days.

WIN-WIN!!
Sounds good. So how would you have it correspond with the BP? I'm thinking maybe just doing the famine, then the first three days of hardcore overfeeding, then going with the Warrior diet the rest of the way. Thanks for the help btw.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Sure man, my pleasure.

There are a variety of ways to implement, Famine being the most obvious and likely best application.

For meso/endo's looking to cut or re-comp, I'd look to use it during Feast exactly as I've outlined: Training days eat up, eat big and eat frequently keeping the insuling pump going.

On off days, utilize the Warrior Diet taking advantage of the fasted period to do your cardio, boost GH (more on that below) and thus, improve the nutrient uptake both on that day and over-feeding/training days.

Gamma GH!!

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/prohormone.html

If interested in boosting growth hormone even further (naturally), I offer the following as a suggestion given there is new data emerging on such. Note that GH release peaks during the first 90 minutes of deep sleep, so that's your starting point and window within which everyone should take advantage. Note also that going to bed on a belly full of carbs blunts this GH release! Back on point... with respect to GABA:

There is new research pointing to beneficial effects of consuming GABA pre-training. If willing to entertain, I'd suggest 3g prior to the workout on an empty a stomach as possible. Reason: recently a study demonstrated it quadruples GH output of the training session:
https://www.ergo-log.com/gabagh.html

Ideal during Feast/Cruise and quite economical at that. NOTE: Start with a LOW dose on an EMPTY stomach. GABA can impart a flushing effect if you're not familiar with it. Start with 1g and work your way up to 3g about 30 min prior to the workout. If using a pre-workout thermogenic or coffee, ideal to take it alongside as GABA can cause drownsiness/relaxation.

The empty stomach part is important b/c if consumed alongside protein, the other aminos inherent therein will compete with GABA (and win), washing out its ability to cross the blood/brain barrier.

There is even research supporting a 550% increase in GH when taken prior to bed. In one study conducted by Italy's First Medical Clinic, University of Milan - a 5 gram oral dose was shown to increase Human Growth Hormone (HGH) by 550% within 90 minutes. Consider dosing prior to workouts, away from food during the day and before bedtime if you haven't eaten in a few hours.

In fact, I keep a bottle of Gamma GH by my bathroom sink. If I get up at night to use the bathroom, 5g of GammaGH goes down the hatch for another GH spike. It also gives helps me fall back to sleep easier. So... multiple opportunities to boost GH if so inclined.

If interested in another GH boosting amino that's economical yet doesn't cause drowsiness, please consider the following:

Glycine

Do these multiple transient increases in GH lead to more muscle/less fat over time? That hasn't been studied or proven yet. However, I do feel strongly that it does and eagerly await that to be born out. One thing you can feel in short order; recovery from exercise certainly improves. There is, I feel... great benefit to the tendons, skin and other organs given the opportunity to boost GH at various times throughout the day.

Given it's pricepoint to potential benefit ratio, I hope you can see why it GammaGH may be worthwhile.
Jacos5

Post by Jacos5 »

I've actually been looking into buying both Adaptogen N and Kre-Anabolyn. Hopefully by my next run. I'll look into GammaGH as well. I'm actually still planning on bulking while on the Warrior diet so I'm thinking of just going through with the first part of the plan you have outlined for bp users (famine/3day feast) Then switch to the warrior diet. Thanks for the advice.
Jacos5

Post by Jacos5 »

I realize that the warrior diet is probably not ideal for someone on a bulk. But I was thinking of maybe making a 1000 calorie shake after my main meal or before bed to help add the calories I might be missing. Let me know if that's not a good idea.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Perfectly fine after training IMO. I haven't found a caloric ceiling yet really for these drinks. I think it's a gut overload threshold thing, not a nutrient uptake thing.

Hope that makes sense!
Jacos5

Post by Jacos5 »

RobRegish wrote:Perfectly fine after training IMO. I haven't found a caloric ceiling yet really for these drinks. I think it's a gut overload threshold thing, not a nutrient uptake thing.

Hope that makes sense!
So what about on off days? Would it be okay to take it at night?
Yea I get you. Basically it's simply a way to reach your caloric goal and has little or no nutritional value. It wouldn't be a mass gainer though. I'd use about a scoop of whey but the rest would be from natural PB, bananas, and oats.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

You'd likely want to scale the total calories back here by at least a third. With glycogen synthase NOT dazzling like it is after the workout, that many calories would be prone to fat (conversion to triglyceride).

Hope that helps!
Jacos5

Post by Jacos5 »

Will do man.
Wanted to ask you what type of HIIT cardio do you think would be good for a person that worksout for strength/size gains?
I found this one online:
Run at 8 miles/hr pace for 2 minutes
Walk at 4 miles/hr pace for 3 minutes
Run at 10 miles/hr pace for 2 minutes
And repeat for 2-3 times.
Or maybe do some jumping excercises that we used to do in baseball? Or maybe you have something else in mind. I'd be greatful for some suggestions.
Btw, really enjoying the warrior diet so far. Thanks for the prior help.
Jacos5

Post by Jacos5 »

Forgot to add that I will be putting this in the middle of my three days rest.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Jacos5 wrote:Will do man.
Wanted to ask you what type of HIIT cardio do you think would be good for a person that worksout for strength/size gains?
I found this one online:
Run at 8 miles/hr pace for 2 minutes
Run at 10 miles/hr pace for 2 minutes
And repeat for 2-3 times.
Or maybe do some jumping excercises that we used to do in baseball? Or maybe you have something else in mind. I'd be greatful for some suggestions.
Btw, really enjoying the warrior diet so far. Thanks for the prior help.
Grateful for the opportunity to help :)

Here's your answer: YES

https://www.ergo-log.com/intensivecardio.html

Hope that helps...
Jacos5

Post by Jacos5 »

Yea the article was really great. The same article suggested that it would be best to go with moderate inensity cardio after your strength training program. Do you think I'm better off leaving the cardio workout I posted in the middle of the three days since 3 days of rest is a pretty large amount of time? (at least I feel it is.) I might feel more comfortable with doing it in between the rest but it would be more beneficial after my workout then I suppose that would be okay.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yes, good thinking!

There is benefit in both HIIT and LISS. Much more in HIIT, for reasons you'll be reading a LOT more about in 3.0, but LISS benefits the mind as well.

Why? Because anything you do repeatedly the body/brain becomes de-sensitized to. The occassional LISS session may be just what the Dr. ordered...

Hope that helps...