Some of you may know me as I'm a legend.. but here's round 1

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Good start out of the gate (minus the heaving) :)

THIS is why I always counsel to proceed cautiously. If you think this was something, don't even look at workout #3.

Now on the squats, you just may be right given the traditional SQ isn't right for everybody. If that's you, I offer the following EXCELLENT alternatives. Short on cash? Buy the loading pin. You can always rig something up with a dip belt and a few cinder block to step up on. Here's your solution:

Whether or not you have back problems, this is a lift worth looking into. It takes a few sessions to get used to but you can finally open the throttle with very little risk of injury and really reap the benefits of this fantastic routine.

There are two quality hip belts available for sale: The IronMind Hip Belt and the Spud Belt available here:

IRONMIND HIP BELT
https://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmi ... umber=1220

SPUD SQUAT BELT
https://www.flexcart.com/members/eliteft ... D&pid=1595

If you do order either one, I highly suggest getting the Ironmind loading pin, which can be found here and makes loading/unloading a snap:

15" LOADING PIN
https://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmi ... ber=1314-C

I personally use the Ironmind belt and loading pin and have had over 800lbs on there (partials) with no problems. The carryover to your barbell squat is almost pound for pound too. Solid investment and can also be used for weighted chins, dips, sled dragging etc.. Very versatile.

Video tutorial follows:

Hip Belt Squats - How To both w/Free weights and Cables!

The first video is with the loading pin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PldcPTOA ... re=related

That loading pin is HIGHLY recommended and makes free weight loading a snap.

Second video is how to do it with a low pulley attachment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzpRhqW5o6Y

Sincerely hope that helps you man. Wish I could buy one for everybody..
bigla2004

Post by bigla2004 »

I have a pretty heavy duty dip belt. The pin is very interesting and a good idea as I think I would love squatting if it weren't for the upper body pressure :D. I definitely may purchase that.
bigla2004

Post by bigla2004 »

Famine Day 2:

Morning HR: ~80
Morning Weight: 202
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

bigla2004 wrote:I have a pretty heavy duty dip belt. The pin is very interesting and a good idea as I think I would love squatting if it weren't for the upper body pressure :D. I definitely may purchase that.
Sincerely hope it helps man. Ironmind and their people are cut from the same mold as AskMass/MASS.

Great people/products..
bigla2004

Post by bigla2004 »

I have been WAY under calories I believe. Semi-hell but in a sadist way it makes me feel alive, and I know I'm busting ass to a higher goal :).

My heartrate was very high this morning and weight down a couple pounds.. so all seem to be headed in the right direction. Workout #2 tomorrow.

Todays diet was some sunchips, celery sticks, and then I had promised my mom I would eat dinner with her so she made some delicious parmesan (I held myself to only one piece b/c of the protein) and then had some bread to get some extra calories in. Would be surprised if I was over 1000 cals for the day
ethanhun

Post by ethanhun »

Excellent work my friend. Ill be following your log. But always remember

Despite the name, Famine really is (or should be) a healthy exercise in detox/cleansing. We're not talking about no food here, just limiting it and ramping up workout intensity/density.

As you proceed, do so cautiously. Always remember, your health comes first. If you at all feel sick, "off" or just not right - discontinue. You can't make gains if you're sick.

Stay in touch
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

ethanhun wrote:Excellent work my friend. Ill be following your log. But always remember

Despite the name, Famine really is (or should be) a healthy exercise in detox/cleansing. We're not talking about no food here, just limiting it and ramping up workout intensity/density.

As you proceed, do so cautiously. Always remember, your health comes first. If you at all feel sick, "off" or just not right - discontinue. You can't make gains if you're sick.

Stay in touch
THANK YOU for the assist! We need more of this guys. Please, do your best to CONSTANTLY reinforce this wherever you see it.

If I could rep you ethanhun, I would. I can however, keep you in mind for a possible date in the future with an Eagle :)

Ask Turboflex and Hank.... these things go a long way with me :)
bigla2004

Post by bigla2004 »

Day 3:
Morning HR: 69
Weight: 202
bigla2004

Post by bigla2004 »

Famine Workout #2:

In the books and wow does supersetting w/ shoulder press and short rest times crush your strength :p.

Flat Bench x 8
ss w/ DB Press x 8

CG Bench x 5
ss w/ DB press x 8

Incline Bench x 6
ss w/ DB press x 8

Hammer Strength Decline x 8
ss w/ DB press x 7

Skulls x 10
Pushdowns x 8
Reverse Grip Pushdowns x 10
Street-dreams

Post by Street-dreams »

yea shoulders are important for the bench.. some people like Christian Thibodeau recommend working on overhead pressing to increase your bench.
bigla2004

Post by bigla2004 »

Rob told me to put this here to remind him:

I'll be using E-BOL, tbol trib, cbol creatine during this run, also have an intra concoction I worked up I should use as well
bigla2004

Post by bigla2004 »

Day 4 Famine:

Morning Weight: 201.5
Heart Rate: 78
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

bigla2004 wrote:Rob told me to put this here to remind him:

I'll be using ebol ecdy, tbol trib trib, cbol creatine creatine during this run, also have an intra concoction I worked up I should use as well
Yep, and you now have your dosing too :)
bigla2004

Post by bigla2004 »

Famine Day 5-
Weight: 201
Heart Rate: 78

Rob said I had earned not working out as my heart rate was up around 20 bpm higher and my weight down 4 lbs. TODAY I FEAST!