Sample Feast Phase Workout Template

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
Big.jazayrli

Re: EDT

Post by Big.jazayrli »

hally83 wrote:
Ok this contradicts what u said in your first post. You said only to do 1 PR block per workout. This guy says to do 2 per workout and u say he is right? Which one is right lol???

Also is this the way to plan EDT's - if your doing SQ then choose one Leg exercise eg deadlift and superset it with an opposite lower body exercise eg Calve raises?

If this is correct when do u do abs???
abs are always at the end of your workout. After PR zones.

I wouldn't do deadlifts in an EDT block if i were you, they are more of an opportunity to work supporting muscles and do isolations.

You can do one or two EDT blocks, it's entirely up to you and really depends on how much time/energy you have. Plan to do 2, get through the first one, then make your call as to whether your gonna do the second.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Damn fine advice from the man himself!

Thanks for the assist Big.Jaz... :)
hally83

Post by hally83 »

Ok thanks for the advice. Just a quick one, is there a sticky on different EDT exercises or PR Blocks you can pick from to incorporate into your BP and SQ workout days?

Also after your PR blocks i see u do static holds. On the BP day you suggested decline BP static hold and for SQ you do ab static hold.

Do you just keep doing these same static hold exercises each time u do a SQ day and BP day? Or do we change it up? If we change it up can u provide some exercises that are could to swap them with?

Thanks in advance.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

hally83 wrote:Ok thanks for the advice. Just a quick one, is there a sticky on different EDT exercises or PR Blocks you can pick from to incorporate into your BP and SQ workout days?

Also after your PR blocks i see u do static holds. On the BP day you suggested decline BP static hold and for SQ you do ab static hold.

Do you just keep doing these same static hold exercises each time u do a SQ day and BP day? Or do we change it up? If we change it up can u provide some exercises that are could to swap them with?

Thanks in advance.
A. Not yet, but I'm working on it and can assist via PM. One question though before I answer that:

What name did you pay under at PayPal?
LIFT2beHUGE

Post by LIFT2beHUGE »

Perhaps I am missing something, but hopefully not. Workouts 1-5 after the 72 Hr refeed are supposed to be limited to bench and squat correct? NO EDT BLOCK FOR THESE? That is my understanding "That's your whole workout, so put 100% into your work sets!" p.13
jox51

Post by jox51 »

EDT blocks are optional. Many do them because if they just stick to benching and squating, they wont feel like the got a good workout. If you have the energy, it is encouraged to perform the EDT blocks.
LIFT2beHUGE

Post by LIFT2beHUGE »

jox51 wrote:EDT blocks are optional. Many do them because if they just stick to benching and squating, they wont feel like the got a good workout. If you have the energy, it is encouraged to perform the EDT blocks.
Interesting, so you can still establish a good 1 RM and not tire yourself out too bad by adding these in?
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

LIFT2beHUGE wrote:
jox51 wrote:EDT blocks are optional. Many do them because if they just stick to benching and squating, they wont feel like the got a good workout. If you have the energy, it is encouraged to perform the EDT blocks.
Interesting, so you can still establish a good 1 RM and not tire yourself out too bad by adding these in?
yes you can

no need to wait on EDT blocks, unless you don't have good recovery AT ALL - you should be just fine

with time and a few BP runs you will learn to respond to what your body tells you pretty well
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

You may perform 1 EDT block during the feast bridge workout. Bu t it is strongly suggest to skip the block during the deload workout (#4).
LIFT2beHUGE

Post by LIFT2beHUGE »

Thanks guys for the quick responses. Been lifting for years, but this is my first "run" of this program and I want to make sure I do it right.
capnleux

EDT choice

Post by capnleux »

I workout on a power rack in my garage and don't own a leg sled. Any suggestion for the EDT exercise for the SQ day workout to oppose the romanian deads?