Elephino's first BP run.

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
elephino

Post by elephino »

Loading workout #2

Man, I love these workouts. Challenging, in a good way. Make me feel like I'm doing something!

Bench: 185 x 5 / DB Pullover 70 x 6
Squat: 195 x 6 / SLDL 195 x 6

EDT #1: 20 min.
DB Incline: 70 x 6,6,6,7,4,3 (32)
BB Row: 155 x 6,6,6,6,5,4 (33)

EDT #2: 20 min.
SLDL: 185 x 6,6,6,5,4,4 (31)
LP: 270 x 6,6,6,6,6,6 (36)

I've never really done BB bench before. Always DBs, cause I don't have a spotter. Still getting the hang of it.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

GET A SPOTTER!

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... .php?t=971

High School Student Dies Lifting Weights

Published December 04, 2010

16-year-old Jake Pezon was found dead under a bench press at home in Wisconsin on December 1, 2010.
A Wisconsin high school football player has died in an accident while lifting weights at home.

Slinger police say 16-year-old Jake Pezon was home alone in his basement rec room Wednesday night and was bench pressing 185 pounds when the weights dropped on him.

Police Lt. Joel Schodron says Pezon's mother arrived home shortly after midnight Thursday and found her son unresponsive. Schodron says the teen was dead by the time first responders arrived.

Pezon was a junior at Slinger High School and played wide receiver and defensive back for the Owls. School District administrator Bob Reynolds says counselors are available Friday at the high school.
DV8

Post by DV8 »

Doing great Elephino!

Damn Rob, thanks for scaring me! Only spotter I have available to me is my wife. Better someone than no one at all I suppose.

I agree with KA/AN. Nice clean energy and great sleep. Adding Gamma GH is a great combo also!! Some of the best sleep I've had in years, and the recovery seems to have picked up significantly.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yep, that's quality right there as I've been saying for years..

Glad you like 'em!

I just picked up The BP Mass Stack today!!
elephino

Post by elephino »

Loading workout #3

PRs starting to fall en masse...

Bench: 205x3 / DB Pullover 70 x 6
Squat: 225x3, 245x1 / SLDL 205 x 6

EDT #1: 20 min.
DB Incline: 70 x 7,6,7,7,5,5,4 (41)
BB Row: 155 x 7,6,7,7,7,6,6 (46)

EDT #2: 20 min.
SLDL: 185 x 6 / 155 x 6,6,6,6,6,6 (42) - lowered weight, strain on back.
LP: 270 x 7,7,8,8,8,8,8 (54)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

EXCELLENT!

RAINING PR's. LOVE it!
elephino

Post by elephino »

I went whole hog on the MASS stack. With KA, AN, and I'm taking the Mass Pro Aminos on workout days in my intra-workout drink.

I used to get horrible leg DOMS. Like couldn't walk straight for three days. I don't know what is going on right now, but the DOMS is gone, and I'm pushing much more volume than before. My legs feel tired, but in a good way, not a sore way.

I just wanted to chime in and say that something is working. I expect really great things from this program, and I'm excited about lifting for the first time in a while.

Thanks Rob.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

It's my pleasure.

And yes, the BP Mass Stack delivers. I JUST got mine in the mail today and will be posting up my thoughts shortly!

This is one sweet deal folks. If you haven't tried MASS products yet and are considering a BP run, please do give it some consideration. As you're seeing here, the stuff works...
elephino

Post by elephino »

Something's going on. I was HUNGRY yesterday. I'm never hungry. I'd actually prefer to cut than bulk. When I'm eating over maintenance, it's usually a struggle just to get food in my mouth. Yesterday, I couldn't get enough. Just a good, clean, deep, burning hunger.

Oh, and sleep has been fantastic. And I'm starting to already see some small, but very real changes happening. And I haven't even started in earnest yet.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I have high hopes for this program.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Your hopes will be fulfilled. And I'll be right here to make sure that happens.. :)

The deep, refreshing sleep is likely courtesy of several factors... not the least of which is Adaptogen M and GammaGH.

I sleep and dream like no other on those two... :)
elephino

Post by elephino »

Feast Workout #4 (Deload)

One thing I really like about this program is that it seems to anticipate right when you're gonna hit the edge of traction, and it gives you an easy day. I felt fine this morning, went into the gym feeling strong, and realized quickly that I was out of gas. Fortunately, it was a deload day.

Did BP and SQ warmup, then an 8RM, then to EDT blocks (Incl DB Bench, DB rows / SLDL, leg press). Called it a day after three sets of each.
elephino

Post by elephino »

Hey guys, need a little advice.

When I do SLDLs, I can feel a tweak in my lower back that makes me nervous. I always end up doing them really light or abandoning the sets early.

Should I just lighten up (like ridiculously light) and make sure the form is spot on, or should I substitute another hamstring exercise in my EDT blocks?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Definately substitute and now.

You can perform hamstring curls of various sorts OR the leg press, feet HIGH on the platform. Keep them relatively close together and push from the HEELS, accentuating the involvement of the hamstrings.

Damn. It's here where I WISH I could buy everyone a hip belt or at least the loading pin...

IRONMIND HIP BELT
https://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmi ... umber=1220

SPUD SQUAT BELT
https://www.flexcart.com/members/eliteft ... D&pid=1595

If you do order either one, I highly suggest getting the Ironmind loading pin, which can be found here and makes loading/unloading a snap:

15" LOADING PIN

https://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmi ... ber=1314-C
elephino

Post by elephino »

Loading workout #5 - 1RMs

Hell yes. I didn't do BB bench much, but the last time I checked, my 1RM was 205.

Bench: warmup, 205x3, 215x2, 225x1 / DB Pullover 70 x 6
Squat: warmup, 225x5, 245x2, 255x1, 260x1 / SLDL 205 x 6

EDT #1: 16 min.
DB Incline: 75 x 6,6,6,6,5,3 (32)
BB Row: 165 x 6,6,6,6,5,5 (34)

EDT #2: 18 min.
SLDL: 165 x 6,6,6,6,6,6 (36)
LP: 320 x 6,6,6,6,5,5 (34)

I was beginning to feel kind of crummy that my squats weren't higher, but I got two unsolicited compliments on my form and depth today. Need to keep checking the ego and continue going aaaaalllll the way down.