EDT Block question

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
elephino

EDT Block question

Post by elephino »

Would y'all recommend planning the EDT blocks to include the muscle groups targeted in the chosen German loading pattern, or would you avoid those, as they're already getting hit hard?

Example:

If I was targeting squats and bench in the GLP, could I add Quads/Hams into my EDT block on my bench days (and chest/back on my squat day) or would that be too much?
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Generally when I do EDT blocks , I do them after the big lifts. You are crushing that muscle group. EDT are designed really for fat loss, and not supposed to go to failure. Just look at it has heavy aerobics.

You should always give your self enough time to recover between workouts, if not you'll end up hurt or burned out
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I favor the EDT blocks after the big barbell lifts and I'll tell you why: They allow for hypertrophy, conditioning and work capacity to keep pace with absolute (1RM) strength.

Also, make sure to keep upper body EDT blocks on bench day and lower body stuff on SQ day. Just easier splitting it up like that.

If you're too wiped out from the big barbell lifts consider isolation movements (at least one) in your EDT blocks. Some of the younger guys have the energy to do all compound movements. I do too (sometimes) but its increasingly rare.

I hope that helps...
elephino

Post by elephino »

Yep, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Glad I could help!