Blueprint and squats

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
oliverparsons

Blueprint and squats

Post by oliverparsons »

Hey everyone, so I'm starting day 1 of famine today. I have a slipped disk in my lower back which has been bugging me for a while, been to the doctor and am on muscle relaxers and its slowly getting better.

I'm afraid of doing heavy heavy squats until my back is better, but I'm tired of waiting because it might take a few months to fully heal. So i'm still going ahead with the Blueprint but might have to take it a little easy on squats and just use the leg press if needed.

That's not ideal, but do you think it would be a huge problem?
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

obviously if you can't squat your squat #'s are going to increase radically

stick to the leg press, better to get stronger at that than to injure yourself more

just be sure to do FULL ROM

don't be that idiot loading up 1000# on the leg press just to move it 2"
oliverparsons

Post by oliverparsons »

thanks big jaz, appreciate the help. Just bought the BP MASS stack.
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

oliverparsons wrote:thanks big jaz, appreciate the help. Just bought the BP MASS stack.
you won't be disappointed with the MASS products. they make great stuff.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

The solution (even before buying supps) is found on page 34-35 of your BP:

IRONMIND HIP BELT
https://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmi ... umber=1220

SPUD SQUAT BELT
https://www.flexcart.com/members/eliteft ... D&pid=1595

If you do order either one, I highly suggest getting the Ironmind loading pin,which can be found here and makes loading/unloading a snap:

15" LOADING PIN
https://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmi ... ber=1314-C

If I could buy everyone one of these, I would. Get the loading pin first if funds are an issue. The combination of loading pin + belt though lets you squat away with ZERO lower back stress.

Presto, problem solved.
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

I had a nasty back injury a couple of years ago. I had a couple physio sessions that seemed to help as well as daily stretching; but one thing I know is that rushing it is just asking for trouble.

I agree that Leg Presses/sleds may be your best friend right now. Mike Mentzer even seemed to love the Leg extensions.

When you do get back to squatting though mind your form. I'm seeing more and more guys squatting who are bending their backs more than their legs and I just want to ask them what exactly they're trying to strengthen -end rant.