Finishing up feast/glp 1

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
Mikereade

Finishing up feast/glp 1

Post by Mikereade »

What do I do now? I have 1 workout for upper and lower left where I go for my new 1rm. After this, do I take a week off, do I do lighter workouts for 2-3 weeks , or do I continue onto the 2nd glp? I can't wait to get back on the mono and watch myself blow up:P
dta1984

Post by dta1984 »

I will let the more experienced guys confirm this, but I believe you continue on to the other GLP like you said . This all depends though on how long you have been on feast. I believe the recommended time frame is 30-45 days. Ultimately it is how your body feels.
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

you can take a week off then jump into GLPII with your new max

or you can take a week off and go back into famine

like the man above me said - let your body tell you. listen to your joints and little muscles. If they're sore - give them a break ;)
scump

Post by scump »

im confused... so your skipping cruise/consolidation ?
beachpirate

Post by beachpirate »

You could move into the cruise phase and run a 5x5 program for a month or so. Personally I enjoyed changing things up after I finished my first glp1. You will probably continue to progress during this phase as well. Then when you are ready, take a week off and start your second run.
Mikereade

Post by Mikereade »

Not skipping consolidation, I'm doing it now. I just didn't understand because the time frames interconnect. Im gonna hit these last 1 rep max days. do the 5x5 with my own other stuff for 3 weeks and take a week off to rest or do famine, I'll decide when I get there. and continue on.

If this sounds correct, please let me know
scump

Post by scump »

yeah man, after you have consolidated take a week off then do what ever you want, run another cycle if you like! start to finish!
Mikereade

Post by Mikereade »

Decided I'm gonna do this consolidation which I'm enjoying, then I'll take a week off, do famine, and hit up the mass stack on the glpII
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Great plan!

Sorry I was late to the game on this one, but you made the right call!
Mikereade

Post by Mikereade »

Now when I finish the famine, I do that 5 day workout first and then jump into glp 2 right? I'm hitting up the Mandarin on the day I start my feast, this mass stack should help. Can't wait to get through this famine.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Correct. You want to carefully study that 5 workout phase though. Laser in on that and ONLY that when it's time.

For now, it's Famine. I know it's tempting to look forward as you're doing here, but its overwhelming when looked at in its entirety. You're doing a great job thus far. Focus though, on seeing each phase through.

Any specifics, right here for you...