i screwed up first day of famine...or did I? concernin wkout

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
bottlespoppinn

i screwed up first day of famine...or did I? concernin wkout

Post by bottlespoppinn »

so, the first day of famine my diet consisted of mainly fruits, veggies, nuts, and that v8 low sodium stuff. then when i hit the gym i did 1 set each for the leg presses, t-bar, seated cable rows, chinups. when i was suppose to do 3 sets each (my bad), but i did put a lot of weight on it. do i have to start all over again? or repeat what i did the next day? or just proceed with the blueprint??? i really want to get this right so help me out here
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

that's personal choice. you can always just wait 2 days and restart, or keep going and up your intensity.

the key is the substrate depletion. If you don't feel like crap when working out in a couple days, something is wrong ;)
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

I'd say just keep moving forward man.. if at the end of the famine you aint where you should be, just extend it a day or 2... dont worry to much about it bro, it's not even that big adeal, and easy fix if need be.. good luck bro!!
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

TURBOFLEX wrote:I'd say just keep moving forward man.. if at the end of the famine you aint where you should be, just extend it a day or 2... dont worry to much about it bro, it's not even that big adeal, and easy fix if need be.. good luck bro!!
Prodigal son has returned!

Whats UP TURBO !!
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

Hank! wrote:
TURBOFLEX wrote:I'd say just keep moving forward man.. if at the end of the famine you aint where you should be, just extend it a day or 2... dont worry to much about it bro, it's not even that big adeal, and easy fix if need be.. good luck bro!!
Prodigal son has returned!

Whats UP TURBO !!
LOL.. whats happnin Hank!.. I'm catchn the BP fever bro!! Howz your training goin bud?
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

all is well here made some great gains after run 2 threw up 325 on me flat gained some size walking around at 261lbs now

run three will be soon, want to make sure i feast during thanksgiving.

Welcome back bud

answered pm, dont want to derail this thread..sorry bottlepoppin
scump

Post by scump »

this is spot on, soldier on... do the next workout and put in 100%... trust me we WILL get you there by day 5.
Hank!

Re: i screwed up first day of famine...or did I? concernin w

Post by Hank! »

bottlespoppinn wrote:so, the first day of famine my diet consisted of mainly fruits, veggies, nuts, and that v8 low sodium stuff. then when i hit the gym i did 1 set each for the leg presses, t-bar, seated cable rows, chinups. when i was suppose to do 3 sets each (my bad), but i did put a lot of weight on it. do i have to start all over again? or repeat what i did the next day? or just proceed with the blueprint??? i really want to get this right so help me out here
Dont worry about this, just make sure you escalate intensity..the point here is to send your body into a state of alarm. Keep an eye on your resting heart rate, and if youre using multi stix .. once you start peeing protein and your rhr goes up it wont mater how thisa 1st workout went
BrainSquirt

Re: i screwed up first day of famine...or did I? concernin w

Post by BrainSquirt »

Hank! wrote: Dont worry about this, just make sure you escalate intensity..the point here is to send your body into a state of alarm. Keep an eye on your resting heart rate, and if youre using multi stix .. once you start peeing protein and your rhr goes up it wont mater how thisa 1st workout went
Precisely! It's how you finish famine - not how you start it...
bottlespoppinn

ok new questions.

Post by bottlespoppinn »

alright this is my 4th day in famine. my 2nd workout, yesterday, drained me out completely. today i bought these pH sticks and it was saying its in the "ideal" range. is that good or bad? and how am i suppose to be feeling? ive lost 6lbs so far. im feeling pretty normal jus hungry all the time. ive limited my calories by 8x my bodyweight..any suggestions would be helpful
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

The fact your pH is normal is good. The fact you've lost 6lbs already... wow. That's a lot. So we know for sure homeostasis is being disrupted.

You may not need workout #3 the way you're going. If any of these is present when you wake up on day 5, you get a waiver on the workout that day (just eat the normal famine diet):

1) RHR is elevated 8 beats per minute over baseline
2.) You've lost 1/lb day or more

Sounds like you're already there. I'll leave workout 3 up to you but heed this advice: HEALTH FIRST!

If you at all feel off, sick or just not right - discontinue. Your call but sounds to me like you're already there!

Great work!
bottlespoppinn

Post by bottlespoppinn »

alright, much appreciated everyone for the advice! i did workout and continuing the diet. i think i can make it through the day. now im ready to FEEEAASSTTT!!!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Congrats on making it through!!!

Now, it's time for the BIG payoff...
scump

Post by scump »

RobRegish wrote:Congrats on making it through!!!

Now, it's time for the BIG payoff...
this. up those cals bro