pmartinez78's 1st BP run

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
pmartinez78

Post by pmartinez78 »

nah man, that towel trick won't work where I'm at. There are alot of new people that don't know proper gym etiquette. Twice I've had my equipment taken when I got up to go to the db rack to change the weight. When I turn back around, they had moved my towel and water bottle and sat there like nothing. I had to let them know I wasn't done yet. Both times they just got up, walk around, and left the gym without working out. lol..

On Monday, I didn't want to be rude but I ended up taking some guy's bench away after waiting for 15 minutes for him to get off. I've seen this older guy around before and just goes to check out the females and waste time. This guy bench pressed, then did preacher curls across the room, then drank water, then went to front desk to flirt with young girl, then did cable pulldowns, and finally sat back on the bench again. At this point, I'm pissed and was about to let him know I needed the bench but he got up and went to flirt with some girl that was leaving. As soon as I saw that, I said f-it I'm taking it. I unloaded his crap and started pounding away. He didn't even look at me when he came back in. lol

I'm not trying to be a douche bag but these kind of people piss me off and waste my time, so I don't feel bad taking their equipment.
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

Some people trains there jaws more than the rest of there body... I understand your point!

What pisses me off is people who unload there bar and put the plates anywhere, like a 45 in front on the 10 in front of the 5. You are looking for an additional 5 and you have to take out the 45 and the 10 to get to this 5 and there where free places for those plates anyway at first!
pmartinez78

Post by pmartinez78 »

ya, that annoys the hell out of me too.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Good work given the circumstances. Yeah, these people are just fuel to me. Actually, I punched out over 12 years ago. Bought a power rack and went underground.

Smartest money I've ever spent!
Muoio117

Post by Muoio117 »

pmartinez78 wrote:nah man, that towel trick won't work where I'm at. There are alot of new people that don't know proper gym etiquette. Twice I've had my equipment taken when I got up to go to the db rack to change the weight. When I turn back around, they had moved my towel and water bottle and sat there like nothing. I had to let them know I wasn't done yet. Both times they just got up, walk around, and left the gym without working out. lol..

On Monday, I didn't want to be rude but I ended up taking some guy's bench away after waiting for 15 minutes for him to get off. I've seen this older guy around before and just goes to check out the females and waste time. This guy bench pressed, then did preacher curls across the room, then drank water, then went to front desk to flirt with young girl, then did cable pulldowns, and finally sat back on the bench again. At this point, I'm pissed and was about to let him know I needed the bench but he got up and went to flirt with some girl that was leaving. As soon as I saw that, I said f-it I'm taking it. I unloaded his crap and started pounding away. He didn't even look at me when he came back in. lol

I'm not trying to be a douche bag but these kind of people piss me off and waste my time, so I don't feel bad taking their equipment.
I totally know where you're coming from. At my school's gym it's usually the girls who fail to know gym etiquette. Most of the guys get it, but the girls just don't. Actually, the cute girls understand it most of the time, which is weird, but the fat ones come in a steal something I JUST stood up from using. I could go on a rant, but I'll stop myself short.
pmartinez78

Post by pmartinez78 »

Had an awesome workout yesterday morning. No one in my way so I was able to blow right thru my workout. Here are my numbers.

Bench: 265 - 1 x 1 (PR)

DB Pullovers: 65 - 1 x 5

Squat: 240 - 1 x 1 (Hope to get weight up. Not a PR cuz I hit 315 a few yrs back before I got a hernia deadlifting)

SLDL: 175 - 1 x 5

EDT 1:

Incline DB Press: 75 - 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6

One arm db row: 75 - 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6

EDT 2:

RDL: 145 - 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6

Hack squat: 100 - 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6

I got to say that I was never one to max out or try to break PR but I'm having a blast doing it. I think a slight recomp has started. I noticed a little more definition on my lower abs and I'm up 1 lb. That's pretty cool cuz I'm not on any fatloss supplements and I'm not doing any cardio.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

More PR's. 2nd one today and I've checked 2 logs :)

So happy for you!
pmartinez78

Post by pmartinez78 »

Hey Rob, I'm about to start the GLP phase and was wondering which one of these would be better. I'm leaning towards the 2nd one cuz I'll probably have a hard time finding a spotter on a Sunday. I'll insert extra rest days if needed.

Monday = upper body workout (bench)
Tuesday = rest
Wednesday = lower body workout (legs)
Thursday = rest
Friday = upper body workout (bench)
Saturday = rest
Sunday = lower body workout (legs)

or

Monday = upper body workout (bench)
Tuesday = lower body workout (legs)
Wednesday = rest
Thursday = upper body workout (bench)
Friday = lower body workout (legs)
Saturday = rest
Sunday = rest

Also here are the EDT blocks I plan to do, so let me know they are alright:

Upper body workout:

EDT 1
Decline DB bench
Pullover

EDT 2
BB curl
Overhead db extension

Lower body workout:

EDT 1
SLDL
Hack squats
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Your EDT blocks are spot on..

With respect to your schedule, man I'd love it if you're able to peform option #1. However, no spotters and such is NOT an option so run with option #2.

I can work with that..
pmartinez78

Post by pmartinez78 »

Well I only need a spotter if I do upper body so I could do the 1st one instead and if the upper body workout falls on a Sunday, I'll just wait and do it on Monday instead. And extra day of rest won't hurt.
Muoio117

Post by Muoio117 »

Nice bench PR. I just checked it out. That's pretty awesome.

Oh, and I don't know about you, but I'm pretty happy about entering the GLP. I like more volume; it just suits my mentality better. Well, I'll keep checking in now and again. Keep up the gains.
pmartinez78

Post by pmartinez78 »

thanks for checking in, Muoio117. ya, I'm pretty excited about starting my GLP. I'm starting tomorrow afternoon cuz I feel like I'm ready to go. I'm hoping to get my bench up to at least 290lb but I'm really shooting for 300lb.
scump

Post by scump »

good stuff man! nice to see another PR shining through.

remember you may need to decrease cals slightly now (to avoid gaining fat) not too drastically though.

as long as you insert a extra rest day your first schedule looks perfect.

i absolutely loved GLP, it begins with high volume then progresses to strength training and finally moves in to a PR zone.

EDT's look sweet too man.
pmartinez78

Post by pmartinez78 »

Thanks for checking in scump. You and Rob have been really helpful. My calorie intake has been about 200 over maintenance on workout days and 300 below maintence on off days. I seem to be recomping.

I will be going with the first option after all and inserting rest day when needed. I'm pretty excited about starting my GLP.