The_buffer's BP #1

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

Tonight I finished off my famine almost to the hour by taking my family out to dinner.

It's only been a few hours and already I'm sick of liver tablets!
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

My first full day of the feast comes with a whole new set of challenges... all those liver tablets, not to mention ecdy, T-boosters, creatine, multivitamins, BCAAs, glutamine...

and also just trying to rest is tough too because I'm itching to get into the gym!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yeah, it can be a chore. BUT, the wheels are in motion now - things will be happening BIG TIME in short order.

Just rest and eat for 3 days.. then tear it up Buffer!
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

Today was my first workout for the feast phase. It was nice to finally get in the gym and get back to work.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

It's a great feeling, and it just keeps getting better :)
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

Today was workout number 2... over the past couple of days I've noticed I'm getting bigger already, but it really manifested itself in the gym today.

While warming up for my squats I generally get a feeling for what I can do for my work sets (or in this case work set)... and I was able to do all 6 reps with 15 pounds more than I had planned -- which also happens to be 15 pounds more than I've ever squatted!

I'm a believer!!!!
cappla011

Post by cappla011 »

the_buffer wrote:Today was workout number 2... over the past couple of days I've noticed I'm getting bigger already, but it really manifested itself in the gym today.

While warming up for my squats I generally get a feeling for what I can do for my work sets (or in this case work set)... and I was able to do all 6 reps with 15 pounds more than I had planned -- which also happens to be 15 pounds more than I've ever squatted!

I'm a believer!!!!
Congratulations man! The best part is you're still at the beginning of your feast phase... therefore you have a lot more time to continue making these gains! Keep milking the feast phase for all it's worth!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

A full fledged believer! Awesome :)

You have brought so much to the BP so early. Time the BP returns the favor. From here on out, just watch. It will pay dividends the rest of your life....

I'm going to try this myself someday :)
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

Did my weigh-in this morning, I am up somewhere between 2.5-3lbs already.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Very nice!!
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

Oh yeah... that 3 lbs was lean by the way, I added another couple pounds of the other stuff. So to help combat that I'm slightly dropping my calories for this coming week and going to do two HIIT cardio sessions.

Also, I've already added 1/2 inch to my flexed biceps.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually starting to miss the liver tablets!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Wow, 1/2 gain inch that fast is fantastic!

Miss the liver tabs? That's a first :)
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

Day 16:

Today was the first workout for week 3. My strength gains are sontinuing to improve pretty significantly. I loaded up what I thought would be good for 3 reps on squats and cranked out 6.

For bench press I did 3 and a half reps and my spotter helped me push it up the rest of the way. It was nice to have a spotter that didn't touch the bar until I asked him to.

Overall, here's where I'm at now:
Squat - 354 (up 42 lbs from start)
Bench Press - 210 (same as last week)
SL Deadlift - 303 (this is actually up... my original 1RM was for standard DL)

I am also posting my journal on BB here: https://forum.bodybuildingsupplements.com/showthrea ... t559293001
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Ah, very nice Buffer!

Keep pluggin away man.. Awesome stuff!