the blueprint and cutting??

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
nick964

the blueprint and cutting??

Post by nick964 »

Can the blueprint program be used for cutting/fat loss??
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Sure can, laregely a matter of caloric zig zags and modifying the training. You won't be setting many 1RM's, but you can gobble up bodyfat a a great pace!
nick964

Post by nick964 »

Thanks for the information. Can you please give me a little more information. How should the calories be zig zaged? Should anything be changed with the exercises? Any info you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick964
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

PM'd you :)
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

not sure what you suggested here Rob, and I don't want to step on your toes, but Tom Venuto has some really excellent article about calorie cycling. I would say his e-book would make a great companion to Blueprint.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

My thoughts exactly. Calorie cycling is your ticket. I'd be interested in seeing that book!
hah2110

Post by hah2110 »

RobRegish wrote:My thoughts exactly. Calorie cycling is your ticket. I'd be interested in seeing that book!

I'm a little crushed you didn't ask for my input here! Rob has been guiding me with cutting over the past few months on and off. He is right that you won't be setting records with your lifts but I found that timing my nutrition right helps a good deal with strength. Calorie zig zagging is the key. I did Keto for a little but is wasn't conducive to BP. For the zig-zag, try 100% of maintenance on workout days, and 85% on your off days. It is largely a function of learning what works for you. Bodies react differently. I found that I rebound GREATLY after a break. For example, me taking 4-5 days "off" plays a huge benefit when I then take one more week where I cut calories HARD. If you find the fat isn't coming off, cut some more. One thing I can tell you is NOT to trust yourself. The mirror can frustrate you, primarily due to water weight. I found the most accurate measure for me was measuring my waist. I'm not great with calipers and I had trouble seeing differences until I measured.

On the other hand, I really have to cut calories hard to see fat loss. I think I just haven't built enough muscle yet to really see the difference so I'm going to be doing BP in a calorie surplus zig zagging for a few months. On this side, zig zagging gives you calories when you need them while keeping the fat off. I'll be doing 120%/100%.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yes, I apologize. Things have gotten so busy guys, you wouldn't believe it. Even an obvious success like hah2110 escapes me and would help me sell more customized courses had I referred you to him. That's how out of it I am.

Please do consult hah2110 on his experience with me/customized programs. His success has been remarkable and can lend some third party insight insofar as things that have worked well for him.

Here's how bad it is. I fell asleep at the wheel on the commute home last night. Rumble strip saved me. Made it home, laid down and slept to 3 hours. Got up for an hour to answer questions here and slept for another 8+ hours. Just some perspective.

Doing the absolute best I can for each and every one of you... and always will.
bull

Post by bull »

jesus rob be careful dude think its time you got yourself a PA to take some of the load off be safe man we need you!!!!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Was scary no doubt.
Gotsouthern

Post by Gotsouthern »

Nick,

I've been doing BP-as-a-cut as well, with a custom program from Rob. I'm just into week 2 of it, and it is a significant difference from the standard HIT and GLP/GLP2 etc, of Feast phase. But for my purposes, it seems to be working well. I'm down 1.3 lbs since Famine, and that brought me down 5 from a very stubborn plateau I was on prior to picking up BP, total of 6.3 lbs so far with ZERO loss of strength (which is to say no LBM loss).

What I wanted to contribute to the conversation in addition to what's already been said, is that I have incorporated intermittent fasting along with the caloric cycling mentioned above. Personally I've been doing 16hrs fasted/8 hrs fed, training fasted save for the peri-workout drink detailed in the book and various places on the site here. Granted, I'm not setting any PR's or anything but I'm darn sure not going backwards in the least and I am dropping fat weight, which was the whole point of course. Anyhow, I'm becoming a huge fan of IF both as a general lifestyle change but specifically in regards to weight loss. You may wanna check into it.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Way to go GotSouthern!

I was wondering how you were doing the other day. Glad to hear it's all working out, as planned :)